The Reinvention of Rosalie Hale Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Them vs. Us

Carlisle came and found me, still sitting in front of my vanity, around midnight.

"We're leaving now to meet Edward and Bella at the airport." He stated calmly, leaving the end of the statement open as if it were a question. I smiled to myself as I stood and looked at his back as he walked away; relaxed posture. Carlisle knew what was coming, I was sure, but he still included me. I was glad for that.

Emmett and I rode together to the airport, hardly speaking. Emmett wasn't going to tell me what I was doing was wrong. Emmett wasn't even going to agree with me, I was sure. He really enjoyed Bella, and he would pick her over a baby any day.

At the speed we were going, it hardly took anytime at all for us to get to the airport and park. Carlisle, Alice, Jasper and Esme were getting out of the car as we parked. Emmett squeezed my hand and got out of the Jeep. I smiled at his gesture as I got out of the car as well.

"Their flight arrives in," Carlisle began to say as we walked "fifteen minutes." He pulled Esme a little closer. She still had a sick look on her face; I tried to ignore the way it made me feel.

I knew that I wasn't exactly morally right for planning to get Bella to have the baby, even if it costs her life. But I also knew that me being alive wasn't morally right; I was a vampire, I didn't fit in with any morals.

Emmett took my hand as we walked, letting me know that he loved me. That whatever this shitstorm Edward caused brought on, that no matter how angry he would be at me, he always loved me. I knew all of that by the way he looked at me as we walked through the automatic doors, and the way his hand felt in mind.

We were right on time and we stood right outside the gate when Edward and Bella's plane landed. I stood there, tense, anxious, curious. Would Bella look any different? How is Edward going to react?

I knew Edward didn't want the baby. In fact, I was sure the only people who did were Bella and I. Though Esme and Carlisle wouldn't act against Bella; she had her free will, to do as she wanted. Edward will probably go mad.

We stood in a loose group, Carlisle and I at the front. I tapped my foot anxiously, the platform of my heel echoing through the large open room.

Edward came first. He was paler than I ever remembered him being. He looked like a mess; his eyes were almost black, the skin beaneath appeared bruised. His clothing was wrinkled and messy. He held in one hand a black bag, the other was constantly in his hair. 

Bella was right behind him. If I thought Edward looked bad, I would be crazy. Bella's hair was pulled back, messy and knotted. She looked as though she hadn't ate in a month; pale, skinny, and plain sick-looking. Her face was the only thing with colour on her body; red. It looked like she had been crying fiercely, not holding back. That may have been the reason for the pained looked on Edward's face.

As she walked, Bella's eyes were on the back of Edward's legs. She didn't look up until he stopped in front of us. When she did look up, her eyes met mine and she ran forward. I held my arms open and she hit my body with an unsettling thud; would the baby be okay? Did he feel it? Bella cried into my hair, and though I'd be natually repulsed by this under other circumstances, I let her. I closed my eyes and held Bella, tiny and frail, and thought of what would become of her.

Would the baby kill her? I didn't think of that, or I tried not to. I tried to think that Bella would live, and she'd let me help take care of her baby. 

I tried not to think of how badly I wanted a baby, but I couldn't think of anything else. It was painful, and it hurt where my heart should have been.

My family all stood around us, awkwardly gawking at Bella and I. When Edward's eyes met mine, I saw malicious contempt within them. The murderous glare was potent, it's full power geared towards me.

I didn't know how this would end, but I only hoped it would end with Edward not killing me. 

"Come on, Bella." I whispered, pulling apart from her but taking her hand. She sniffled and rubbed her face with the sleeve of her sweatshirt, probably wiping away excess snot. Edward growled, but was silenced by Carlisle. We, as a group, began walking to baggage claim. Emmett absoncded the only bags on the conveyer belt and led everyone towards the parking garage. Edward stuck as close to Bella as he dared; I held her hand as we walked. I could feel the blood pulsing through her veins; hear her heart, but for once I didn't want her blood. No, I didn't want to rip her throat out.

I wanted her unborn child. I wanted her to die.

Vote and comment, please! Any feedback would be superbly helpful. I'd like to know what you think of the idea? Good, or bad? Please, help me out! 10 votes and comments and I'll throw the next part at you lovely people. <3

xo

Amber