49. The Little Things To Get Used To

Ahhh! I'm so happy! Thank you guys for 1k reads on Loving The Mafia! I can't believe I've gotten this far! Only one chapter to go after this one and Loving the Mafia is officially done! Thanks so much for 1k!

Lots of love!
- Kenleigh

********************************************************************

It had been five months since the babies were born and I went from super tough guy to super softie in that small period of time. I hadn't cursed in months and most of my time was spent with my kids. My new fluent language was baby. As far as I've experienced, being capo couldn't have been easier.

We had gotten those weird things that strap to your chest and hold your baby without you having to. And we used them everyday.

Eros and Rosaria, though identical, were very different. If Rosaria was left in her small separate playpen on the large island counter alone because we were changing Eros' diaper, she'd look around and start to whimper and cry. And as soon as Harlow, my mother, Zach, or I came into the kitchen, she'd gurgle and laugh.

Eros, on the other hand, did do the same as his sister. But what was different about him was that he felt the need to put his mouth on everything he saw. Rosaria was a very picky eater, and she only wanted bananas, sweet potatoes, and oatmeal. Eros ate everything. They were just moving on to solid foods, because Gia okayed it.

Gia told me that since our household was bilingual, speaking both English and Italian benefited the twins in brain development. What also helped, was pointing out surroundings and objects wherever we went, whether in the house or in the street market and grocery store.

They tried to crawl all the time. Rarely they succeeded, but only by an inch or two, and other times they simply butt-scooted an inch or two.

"Good morning." Harlow chirped as she walked into the kitchen. She slept in with Eros for an extra hour.

She put him in the playpen with Rosaria and as soon as they saw each other they gurgled and babbled incoherently, slapping their hands on the soft cushion floor of the playpen. It wasn't fighting, it was more like patty-cake without actually knowing how to play or high five correctly.

"Hey." I smiled, kissing her lips.

She pulled away and lifted her shirt just to show off her extremely noticeable abs. She spent at least more than three hours a day upstairs in the gym, just because. "Boom, in your face, muscle man."

I lifted my shirt and shrugged. She rolled her eyes with a suppressed smile and pushed on my abs. "Stop showing off, eight pack."