Don't let me be the last to know. Part 25-

Lizzie Pov-

''Nathan, you can't do that!'' I snapped, pulling away from him. ''You told me you loved me, does that not mean anything to you?'' He asked in reply. ''You know Zayn would be upset.'' I stated.

Nathan stopped and studied my face which had a scared expression over it. My heart raced just imagining what Zayn would do. I never saw this side of him, ever.

''Why are you so frightened?'' Nathan asked, his thumb tracing over the bruises marked on my cheek. ''What happened Lizzie? Because I know for a fact that you didn't fall.'' He added.

A tear rolled down my cheek but Nathan's thumb wiped it away. He pulled me closer to him, holding me in a tight hug that comforted me. 

Finally, I had gained composure and returned to my normal state. ''Lizzie, will you just fucking tell me!'' Nathan shouted, clearly getting frustrated. ''I can't..'' My voice trailed. His mouth opened to say something else but I stopped him. ''I have to go Nathan, I'll see you soon.''

And with that I left the room. Just after kissing his cheek...

*

All week I had pretended. Pretended to kiss someone and mean it; to laugh but want to cry; to love someone and not really. I couldn't do it anymore, and I had barley started. Zayn had me trapped but what could I do? Nothing. 

'I need to see you, no matter what you say.' -Nathan text me. 

'Why Nathan? Just leave it.' -I replied, no matter how much it hurt me.

'No, I'll be over in five.' 

I sighed and looked in the mirror, I suppose I looked okay. 

After a rather long five minutes, the door bell rang. My heart pounded against my chest as I walked to the door. Surely enough, Nathan was there. He stood casually, before looking up at me and smiling. I loved his smile, it was so warming.

He walked inside so I shut the door behind him.

''What did you want to see me about?'' I asked, rather stupidly. ''Don't even act dumb with me Lizzie, either you tell me what Zayn said to you or..'' Nathan stood tall over me, which scared me. ''Please don't hurt me Nathan.'' I whispered. He saw the fear flashing in my eyes as I cowered away from him. His face dropped into a sympathetic look. ''I won't ever hurt you Lizzie, you know that.'' He said, his tone of voice now soft and calm.

My arms wrapped around his waist as I buried my head into his chest. Nathan rubbed my back with his hands and we stayed there, hugging. ''Are you scared of me?'' Nathan asked, sounding hurt. I broke away from his hold and looked to the floor. ''I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of Zayn.'' I mumbled. ''Zayn hurts you?'' Nathan sounded shocked.

But I nodded, finally admitting the truth.

''You want me to tell you what happened, right?'' I asked; Nathan replied with a soft nod as we both sat down opposite each other. ''He told me what happened, that he hurt you. Then he told me it was all fake, me and him. I tried to say it was over but he punched me, twice. He threatened me, he'll hurt me or you Nathan so I have to stay with him.'' 

The more I revealed to what happened, the more Nathan's facial expression was horrified. ''I can't believe he'd do that to you. Lizzie, I'm so sorry.'' Nathan cried, the first time I'd seen him cry properly in front of me for a while. ''Its not exactly your fault is it?'' I chuckled, attempting to lighten the mood. ''If I was a better friend, I would have told you straight away, not leave you to find out like this.''

I sighed. It wasn't his fault. ''Nathan, it was not your fault, you didn't really get a chance to tell me, did you?'' ''True.'' A silence set up on us. You could say it was awkward but it wasn't really. 

''I've got something for you.'' Nathan said. ''Have you?'' I smiled, looking at him. He nodded and came over to me. ''Here.'' He said, handing me a Cd.

The front cover was me and him, a picture of us both looking happy. His hand was wrapped around my waist, we were both smiling; looking into each others eyes, probably about to kiss. Those are the days I miss the most.

''That song I played for you is on there. And also some other's I wrote for you. Some when we were back in school, some more recent. I hope you like them.'' He explained. My smile shone as I looked at him.

Deep down inside me, I always knew Nathan was the one who would stay by me, who was right for me. But I always said no to my heart and yes to my head. How I regret that now. Just Imagine how happy we both could be. There would have been no Sasha and no Zayn. Just me, him and us together. 

''Please don't slap me.'' He awkwardly said. ''For what?'' I asked. He didn't answer me; he kissed me.

Slowly and passionately, he kissed me. 

*I'm sorry if you don't really enjoy this story and its quite boring but I'll try to make it a lot better:)

Thank you to those who keep reading it and to those who comment. I love to know your opinions on the story or your idea's on what could happen!

Lots of love, Lizzie:)*