Don't let me be the last to know. Part 1-

The sun shone brightly through the cracks in the curtains, blinding me as my eyes opened. I heard my phone vibrating on my bed side table so I reached out and grabbed it. Squinting to adjust my vision on the brightly lit phone screen, I read the notifications I had.   

*2 new messages* It read.  

After sighing, I sat myself up and stretched out my arms and legs. And after yawning, I opened the first text message.  

'Hey beautiful. Just making sure you’re up for the first day of college! Love you, Zayn. Xxx' 

  I smiled to myself. Zayn was my boyfriend. We have been together for nearly a year now, ever since he asked me to be his girlfriend on Valentine’s Day, last year. Sound cheesy? I have to admit, it kind of was, but it made me feel happy. Every time I think of that day, I end up smiling to myself. Just thinking about how nervous he really was and how much he calmed down once I’d said yes. But who wouldn’t say yes to the hottest guy in school?!  

Zayn is taller than me by quite a bit. He also has dark, chocolate brown eyes that are to die for and lovely tanned skin. He pretty much summed up tall, dark and handsome!   

Zayn and I have a good relationship, we really do. In fact, I get people, friends or random girls, telling me that they envy my relationship, wishing they had one just like it. Zayn is one of those guys that will randomly hug you from behind, unexpectedly kiss you and give you little surprises. To think that we’d already been going out for a year nearly was absurd! It didn’t seem like yesterday when he took me on our first date to that posh restaurant in town, Le Francais.

  'Yeah I'm up, haha! See you soon, Love you too! Vanessa. Xxx' I finally replied to him with.  

The next message was from Lucy, my best friend. I had known her for literally all my life, so we are practically sisters. You see, we have one of those friendships were she’d just turn up at my house and be like ‘I’m home!’, and I’d do the same with her. Our parents have been good friends for a while; our mums even became pregnant at round about the same time! But Lucy was born in September, whereas I held on until October. It wasn’t that much of a difference in age but Lucy always likes to remind me that she is one month older!  

Lucy has short, well up to her bust, blond, curly hair and gorgeous brown eyes. This was the complete opposite to me; since I have long, wavy brown hair and deep blue eyes. I always envied Lucy as she was always the prettier one out of the two of us. But since being with Zayn, he gave me confidence. Just by the way he’d call me beautiful and the way I’d catch him staring at me and smiling from across the room.

'Lazy arse, get up and hurry to the bus stop! Mcguiness. X' Lucy had sent to me.  

She's not always that 'mean', if you like. It's just her way of greeting someone. You’ve got to learn to put up with that side of Lucy, she’ll always tell you what she thinks! Oh and if you're wondering about her nick name...Mcguiness is the last name of her boyfriend, Jay and it sort of just stuck with her when I called it her as a joke once.  

'Yeah I know, I didn’t text you ten minutes ago because I wanted a little lie in...I’m getting ready now, douche. X'- I replied to her.  

After plugging my phone back into charge, I swung myself out of bed. And as I looked in the wardrobe, I sighed to myself. The same problem every morning! A wardrobe full of clothes, yet nothing to wear!  

Finally, I decided on some light blue skinny jeans, and then a plain white vest top with a light grey cardigan to finish. And of course, with my white converse, that I surprisingly hadn’t dirtied yet! I then applied my make-up and let my hair flow natural and curly. Eventually, after brushing my teeth, I grabbed my bag and made my way to the bus stop.