Choices

Jessica's P.O.V

I heard the doorbell ring, maybe thrice this time. I can't believe I slept so deep.

I quickly wipe my face and make a messy bun walking bare feet.

I open the door and I swear my hear skipped a beat at the view.

It was him. After so long, it was Zayn, it was My Zayn.

He looked no different from me, he looked pale. His eyes had bags under them, he had that untidy beard on his face, sleepy hair but still his one look took my breath away, I was standing there just staring at him in awe. I don't know what was stopping me to hug him and kiss him. I wanted to, I needed to but something was pulling me back, something inside me stopped me. All I could do right know was to hold back my tears.

"Zayn" I manage to whisper

He said nothing but just stared at me like he hadn't seen me for years, I could see through my eyes how broken he was. How awful he felt, how incomplete he felt. His feelings were same as mine.

"Hi, Jess" he finally said, I couldn't hold my tears.

"Hii" I replied wiping them away

"I wanted to deliver this" he said handing me the bride's maid dress, "everyone was busy so Pat told me to deliver it to you" he added

"Is that all?" My voice came out like a taunt.

"I don't know what to say Jess, I miss you and I love you but Louis loves you too, not more than me but he does, the choice is yours not mine, it's yours. I really miss you" he said moving closer.

I put the dress aside and moved closer to him and he suddenly held me in his embrace.

His arms held my waist tight as my hands moved up to his neck and my head sunk in his chess as I start to cry, I've missed this, I love him and only him. Louis is a friend that's all, I love Zayn Malik and no one else. I wanted to say a thousand words but none came out.

Zayn's hand travel up to my hair as he hush me.

"Hush, babe. Pretty girls don't cry" he whispered as he moved away. He wiped my tears.

"Zayn, I-I" I tried but nothing came out.

"Save it for tomorrow" he said placing a kiss on cheek and he went away.

I closed the door and took the dress up in my room and placed it on my bed.

I changed in comfy clothes and went down to make dinner. I thought I'll make mac and cheese with salad.

As I started the process of making food, thoughts hit my head hard. Zayn thinks I love Louis or maybe he's not sure about it.

Something made me feel unsure about Zayn.

I loved him, and I wanted Louis as a friend? Is that all?

I asked myself. I was confusing my own self. I mentally slapped myself telling me, I love Zayn. But did I feel that really? Or I felt this way only because I saw him after long?

I quickly put both the dishes on table along with the garlic breads.

I heard the doorbell rung, I quickly opened it and saw Justin with a bottle of wine.

"Wow, I smell food" he said stepping in and giving me a kiss on my cheek, I returned the favour.

"Yeah, I made it, well I smell wine?" I hit his hand playfully

"Yeah babe, I'll just get the glasses, you sit and wait" he said pulling a chair out for me.

He got two wine glasses and pour wine in them. He looked tensed.