Chapter 1: This Angel Got Issues

(Picture of Apollo ==>)

-Apollo Knight-

Tapping my foot against the oak wood floor I sat on this dirty brown couch, glaring at the clock to go faster. All the while ignoring my therapist, who wanted me to talk about my feelings and other useless shit like that. If he wanted to know about my feelings why doesn't he wait until I have my freaking period or something.

"I got into contact with your therapist at Fallen Swords Academy, and he says you've been progressing. You're not getting into as many fights as you used to." He said flipping through the papers in my file.

Well duh. I've been too busy being in detention to do much of anything. Not like I was going to say that out loud, that would only end me up with more meds in my system that make me drowsy and tired as a duck.

How much I wish Shade was here with me, but at the same time I didn't want him here seeing me like this. Shade, my best friend since I could remember.

Shade was one of the few anchors that held me together. He kept me grounded when I wanted to tear everything apart or when I was breaking inside. Sometimes when it was really quiet and I was by myself with only my thoughts, I wondered what I would do without him.

"Miss Knight." He called out to me, bringing my attention back to him and back to the sad reality of my predicament.

"What?" I grumbled. I looked at him blankly, and judging by the annoyed look on his eyes I was finally getting to him.

"You hear anything of what I just said?"

"Nope." What was the point, he said the exact same things in every session. It was always either about my home life or my life at the academy. Seriously it's like talking to a robot that only knows a few phrases and is on permanent repeat.

"Look I understand you don't like talking about your emotions but you must. You have to change this attitude of yours, stop seeing everyone as an enemy."

"No. Not everyone...just most of them."

"Do I need to remind you why you're here?" he said it like it should matter to me.

I didn't bother answering because I didn't feel like it. I already knew exactly why I was in these stupid killing-my-brain-cells-more-then-cartoons-do therapy sessions.

Back before I'd gone to Fallen Swords, I'd actually been going to Broken Arrow Academy, that is until they expelled me. So what if I got into fights, so what if I filled up the school's trophy case with water and lots of little gold fish.

"Apollo you put two people in the hospital." He said like that should matter to me. Okay I feel a tad bad about that, but it's not like I was picking on two defenseless little kids, these guys were huge, built like football players and fought like rampaging machines.

"They deserved it." I muttered to myself.

"And why is that?"

"They were big spoiled bullies always pushing people around, they had to be taught a lesson." And I'd had enough of seeing them push others around.

"Be it as it were, you could have killed them. You--"

"But I didn't. So now that we got this over with, I'm leaving." I went to stand.

"Your parents will be hearing of this." He said it almost indifferently, people like him only cared about getting paid, not about truly helping someone out because I'd been coming here for almost a year and nothing has changed. Shade does a better job at calming me down, hell, even Ren, my annoying bloodsucking d-bag of a childhood friend does it better.