Chapter 7

Konohamaru was internally screaming. He and his fellow genin all had the same thoughts: 'This is our new village?!'

The former Leaf ninja stared down from the cliff they were standing on and across the moor to see a large village on the other side with shocked and awestruck eyes. "Feels great to be home! Right Ame?" Miho yipped joyfully while Ame appeared unfazed and simply nodded in agreement. "I can't believe none of the other hidden villages discovered this place." Shika breathed. Ame gazed at the village with pride and, without breaking his eyes away from the village, he said calmly, "This country is on the other side of the world. Far away from the other villages. The second Uzukage, the village's current Kage, traveled the world for nearly four years when he had discovered this land. Then spent a year building this village and taking in people to join him and his village. He even found many descendants of the original village and Lord Kazekage sent all of the shinobi who didn't do very well in the desert to join the village since the Kages of both villages are very good friends."
The fox paused for a moment and his face softens, as if remembering a distant memory. "He is very powerful yet he has a kind heart." Ame stated with a faint affectionate tone that was barely noticeable. No one except Konohamaru had noticed the Ame's sudden change in manner, as the dark blue-gray fox became his apathetic self once more and jumped on a ledge below the cliff. "Pick up the pace! We shouldn't keep the Uzukage waiting" He said impatiently, then continued his way down the cliff on more ledges with the others following in pursuit.

   ............................

After running down the cliff and through the fields, they had finally reached the village but for some reason Ame and Miho stopped the genin from entering the village. "Why are we stopping? The village is literally right in front of us!" Okami exclaimed in annoyance. Ame simply ignored him as he stood silently with his eyes closed. Miho answered happily, "Ame is telling Lord Second that we've arrived and so he can take down the barrier."

"Why are they so many barriers around here?! It's like a prison!" Okami growled. "Will we even have any freedom around here?!" Inori asked loudly. Even Konohamaru was questioning their new village's democracy, but his thoughts were interrupted when Miho began to speak.
"The original Village Of Whirling Tides was destroyed by the other villages because they feared the powers of the ancient Whirling Tides Village. So Lord Second guaranteed the safety of the village by creating barriers that only his Shinobi can cross due to the seal he places on them. You all will receive the seal once you meet." Miho explained with matter affect tone. But Konohamaru could see the respect she had for the Uzukage from the way she spoke. "Miho, this Lord Second...is he really as great as how you and Ame make him out to be? He seems to good to be true." Konohamaru asked, eyes narrowed with curiosity. 'From what she describes the second Uzukage, he reminds me of...'

The red vixen looked at the boy with a fierce, fiery and determined gaze which had brought him back to reality and away from his train of thoughts. "Of course he is! He's the most amazing man in the world! In fact he is the second person to be able to use the Fox summoning contract!" She barked out angrily as the fur along her spine began to spike up with rage. Konohamaru and the others where taken back by her sudden outburst. "We didn't mean to upset you! It's just he sounds amazing! Unlike our lazy, good for nothing Hokage." Inori attempted to calm the vixen, but muttered the last sentence while saying the last word with a disgusted voice. However, Miho didn't seem to notice and the fur along her back began to settle, indicating that she had calmed down immediately. She had a big goofy, foxy grin on her face that showed two rows of small, sparkling white, razor sharp teeth. Miho then yipped with a mischievous gaze, "Well that's a relief! Well we should be going now! Ame is already half way to the village anyway!"

The former Leaf shinobi's and ninja hound's heads snapped to the side to indeed see the blue fox padding casually towards the large village. They ran after the fox with Miho dashing up ahead until she reached Ame's side and also walked beside him with a small skip in her movements; the scene resembled  a human little girl skipping next to her older brother. If the situation hadn't been so irritating Konohamaru probably would have thought the site was adorable, not that he would say it out loud. Inori and Shika will never let him live it down, and will tease him for the rest of his life.

After a few quiet moments did they realize that they were being left behind that they had started to run at hight speed down the hill with the help of chakra, gravity and physics. Konohamaru couldn't hear a lot of what his friends were saying due to the speed they were all running, but he could here Kiyomaru barking and Konohamaru didn't want to know what the ninja hound was saying since it was obvious that it wasn't good, and he could hear a bit of what his fellow genin were saying, or shouting.

"Hey!"
"Wait for us!"
"Why didn't you say anything?!"
"You dirty, blue-haired fox!"

The genins and ninja hound ran as fast as they could while shouting threats, curses and vows of vengeance. Even Shina and Isamu were muttering very colorful words. As they ran across the hilly open field, the genin all shouted out at the top of their lungs as they all jumped from the top of a small hill:

"Wait for us!"