Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I ran from my spot towards Director Fury. "This is not me. Someone else is controlling the Tesseract!" I shouted. Smoke cleared and there behind the Tesseract was a man kneeling.

He stood up and Director Fury yelled out, "Sir! Please put down the spear."

The man looked down and then shot a beam at us. A man pulled Director Fury down and I held my hands out catching the energy. I caught it and pulled it in my chest. I sighed as the energy rushed through my veins. I looked at the man and he looked shocked. Gun shots rang out and the man proceed to kill everything attaching him.

I pulled at Director Fury's hand as the battle went on. "We need the Tesseract." I said trying to be heard over the noise. We made our way over and Director Fury paused looking behind us. I reached to take it when a black gloved hand reached out and grabbed it for me. I watch as Director Fury put it a metal container.

"I still need that." The man announced coldly. Shivers ran up my back.

I could do nothing but watch as they talked.

Then I watched as Director Fury was shot with me. I fell and watched as the man took the Tesseract away from me, I reached a hand out for it. My shoulder burned in pain as I watch it go away.

My shoulder glowed a dim blue as I healed myself. I sat up and checked on Director Fury. "Hill! Hill do you copy! Barton has turned!" He shouted into a walkie talkie. I healed his bruised shoulder as we ran out. My bare feet were glowing blue because of all of the glass and rumble that was cutting into my skin.

We got back to the helicopter and started to fly after the thief.

Director Fury started to shoot at the car as I held on for dear life. I held my hand palm out and channeled all of my energy into it. With a blinding blue light I shot fire at the man. Director Fury looked startled at my fire. The helicopter started to go down and I was pulled out. I hit the ground as the helicopter flew above my head. I laid on the ground as Director Fury got up.

Who knew I would have to go through so much trouble just for my soul.

Director Fury was speaking to some people as I glowed blue. I groaned as my energy was slowly being taken away to heal myself. After he was done talking, Fury walked over to me. "Are you strong enough to get up?" He asked. I shook my head no and I felt him pick my limo body off the ground. I gave him some energy to do so with ease. He got a slight blue tint to him as he walked with my in his arms.

After that it was all a blur of colors.

I woke sitting up gasping. Looking around I saw I was in a white room, and sitting in a chair in the corner was Director Fury.

"We gave you shocks of energy. You had no pulse mans when we shocked you, you came back to life." He said. I nodded and looked at the machine connected to me. It was a generator.

"Sorry for the scare." I told him as I unhooked myself. I felt reenergised and fidgety.

"So when can I meet the others?" I asked getting off the bed. "When we get you a change of clothes." He said holding a stack of black cloth in his hands. I took them gratefully. He walked out the room, closing the door behind him. I slipped on the clothes and found they were a little big. It was a simple pair of black skinny pants and a black shirt with a symbol on it. I laid my dress on the chair and swung the door open.

A man in a suit was standing outside my door. "Hello Miss Ariel. I am here to take you to Director Fury. I am Agent Coulson." Agent Coulson told me. I nodded. "Lead the way." I said. He lead me down several hallways before reaching a open room. A saw a woman with red hair as she walked up to Agent Coulson. Knowing it was important I walked towards Director Fury.

A man in a brown leather jacket handed him some papers and walked away. Raising an eyebrow I walked over. "Still bare foot I see." He said as I smiled. "Yes I like being bare foot." He sent a small smile and I laughed.

I heard a gasp and saw out of the corner of my eye the man in the leather jacket whip his head towards me.

I turn my head and looked into the blue eyes I saved.

"Ariel! Your real. I thought I was dreaming." He rushed out as he looked at me. I started crying as I ran over to him. "No! I have always been real. Why didn't you look for me?" I cried as he held me in his arms.

"I didn't know how. Or where to look." He answered holding me tighter. "This is who you are looking for." Director Fury said. I smiled as I nodded. "I finally can hold you." Steve said as he wiped my tears off my cheeks.

"We got a hit. Sixty seven percent match. Wait, cross match, seventy nine percent."

"Location?" Agent Coulson asked. "Stuttgart, Germany. 28, Konigstrasse. He's not exactly hiding." The man replied. "Captain, Ariel. Your up." Director Fury said.

Steve kissed my cheek and walked off to get his stuff. I turned to Fury and shot him a questionable glance. "What should I wear?"

"Agent Coulson. Will you get Ariel a mask and some boots." He commanded. Agent Coulson nodded and walked off. I watched him walk off to get my stuff. "Why a mask?" I asked. "To protect your identity." He simply said to me.

When Agent Coulson came back, he led me to the 'hanger' as he called it. Why would they call something a hanger? Then I understood when we came to a room filled with planes and other helicopter like things. I saw Steve standing with a ginger haired woman. My eyes widened and I stopped walking. She looked just like Tatiana. Agent Coulson didn't noticed I stopped and then was startled to find I was not besides him.

Looking behind him he saw me. "You look like you've seen a ghost." He commented. "Is her name Tatiana?" I asked nodding towards the ginger. "No that Natasha Romanov." He informed me. I slowly walked forward Steve. "Ariel." He said lovingly. I faked smiled still looking at Natasha. "Hello I am Ariel." I said to her. "Natasha Romanov." She answered before making her way onto the jet.

I held onto Steve's hand as I walked up the ramp. I sat down and looked into his eyes. "I love your eyes" I told him. "Yours are beautiful. They are so silver right now." He said. "Are they silver? I don't know what my eyes look like." I said furrowing my eyebrows. "You mean you never seen yourself!" He exclaimed. I nodded. "Was there not any mirrors back then?" He asked.

"What is a mirror?"

"I show you when we get back to the Helicarrier." He replied.

I smiled and looked down at our clasped hands. The warmth of his touch filled me up with such joy. When I got rid of the Tesseract I had no feelings because when you have no soul why feel. The Tesseract fell near me and I got some of my soul back so I was able to feel again.

When I get the Tesseract back I will go back to my original form. Many said it was magical and was truly a work of god.

"We are arriving in 5 minutes." Natasha call back to us.

I laced up my boots and put on the mask. I felt a surge of energy and was startled to find it coming from the mask. I took it off and looked at it. There were line of blue light stretching across it. It was some energy from the Tesseract. My mouth opened in amazement. I placed it back on my face and looked at Steve. "How do I look?" He turned to look at me and smiled, "You look stunning."

"We are here. Looks like Loki is causing trouble. I would hurry and get down there." She told us.

The floor opened up and Steve walked over. "There is a roof near us we can jump onto it." He said pointing. I got up and looked at where he was pointing. Using the energy from the mask I made myself go somewhat in my original form. The bones started cracking in my back and started to push outwards. "Steve can you cut two slits in the back of my shirt, right by my shoulder blades." I said through the pain. He nodded confused and grabbed a knife. I turned my back to him and felt him cut two slits.

"Ariel why is there feathers coming out your back!" He said alarmed. I groaned as the wings finally broke through the skin and out the slits. I panted and held out a hand. "We can fly instead." I told him. He took my hand staring at my wings.

I pulled Steve down with me out of the jet.