Chapter 13

Next morning I saw that the biryani I'd kept aside was all gone. Atleast that dog din go hungry all night. Today was the day, my very first real date. Just the thought of it made my stomach churn. Lekha, Zar and naturally the whole school knew about this affair. Lekha was coming over to dress me up and Zar said she's coming along too.

Vidyut and I texted each other all day like normal teenagers dating, talking about practically nothing. But the whole situation was all I had ever wanted. From a very young age I had started reading and the only thing I read was romance so all this happening was surreal. I was happy but the moment I saw Josh coming out of his room yet again something inside me broke. He was back to ignoring me. I’m honestly fed up of his little games. Everything was according to his convenience. He talked when he wanted to and the next moment he looked through me. It was annoying. I just sat on the couch waiting for my peeps and they finally arrived at 5, Vidyut was picking me up at 8 so Lekha decided 3 hrs are the least we need to dress me up. Honestly was I that ugly. 

So they came in giggling and jumping yapping about how excited they were for my first date.

“Honestly Kals, it was high time.” Lekha said while Zar crushed her into a hug.

Gam had approved of Vidyut, but ‘no alcohol and the deadline was 12 not a minute more than that’ she had announced. Also my phone had to be on and on sound mode all the time. Josh snickered and pulled a long face as we girls babbled about my evening. 

“God, will you girls just shut up.” he yelled from his room.

“It’s a freaking circus over here.” he finished.

“Fuck you loser.” Lekha yelled back and we went over to my apartment.

Piles of dresses were thrown over my bed until we found the perfect first date dress nothing too sexy but at the same time not too conservative. It was sapphire colored and it did make me shine like one. And also might I add it was backless and had a flowy tutuish skirt. Zar slightly curled my hair and tied it into a cute side bun with a few pieces curled to frame my face and my side swept bangs were straightened to complete the look. 

Lekha caked up my face with soft lips and dramatic eye makeup. So we might have gone a little overboard but ‘hey what is a girl to do if her friends are over enthusiastic to make her look the best.’ So I just shrugged it off and went on with it. Lekha lended me her silver stilettos which I had always loved and I felt special very special. It was quarter to 8 and I paced in living room. Lekha and Zar were on the couch watching some idiotic show. 

“Relax, Kals will you, he's going to drop dead when he sees you babe.” Zar ensured.

“Yes totally, I would totally do you if I were a guy, Kalsi you look that hot.” Lekha teased.

I just rolled my eyes at her and continued pacing back and forth.

 ‘Ding Dong’ that sound. Fuck my heart thudded loudly and I wiped my clammy hands on my dress and went on to turn the door knob with a smile, only to be disappointed.

“You?” I said accusingly.

Josh gave me a once over, he literally checked me out and just smirked.

Then he lifted his hand which held my house keys. I snatched it quickly and turned around to get my silver clutch which lying on the table near my couch. I heard Josh gasp as I turned my back on him. Then I remembered how he had reacted on Diwali when I wore a choli. So I quickly took my clutch and dropped my keys in it.

Then I turned back to him. He looked at me with a very dirty face. The one which flashed anger and some raw emotion. 

“All dressed up to get laid? Ha!” he said with a dirty smirk and I felt cheap. He made me feel like a cheap whore. I just looked at him with unshed tears and anger. He just stared challenging me to answer back.