Chapter 4

It's been three days since I found the red letter and since I didn't talk to Hendrix. Instead of enlightening me, it confused me even more. So Annika is not really the target, she is just the collateral damage we had to the killer, as he said, he just want me to suffer. 

Aren't you curious if who am I? Turn around and look not so far.

He is just around me watching me close, he can be one my friends. But, I don't know a person with a violet eyes. Ofcourse he is hiding it, he is not a fool to display the concrete evidence against him. It is just for me to found out the genuine among all the disguise.

I paved my way to the parking lot because Gavin is waiting for me there. As I passed by to the parked cars, I saw Hendrix in the far right corner of the parking lot while leaning to his car. When I am about to walk towards him, he gets his cigarette from his pocket and a lighter. He light his cigar with the lighter in his right hand. I stop from walking and stare to the lighter in his hand. It's a silver lighter like the one used by the killer minus the engraved symbol, maybe it is on the opposite side hidden in his hand.

"Why are you giving me that look again?" he said without looking at me that made me pull myself together. He put the lighter in his pocket while puffing his cigar.

I continue to walk towards his direction, then face him. My heart is beating so fast because  of nervousness. I am not sure about what I am going to do, but I am already here, there is no way to back out.

"Do you have something to do with Ika's death, Hendrix?" I told him straight without showing him the nervousness.

I saw he clenched his jaw. He drops his cigar to the floor and step into it, I watch the poor cigar crushed against his black leather shoes. I look at him with a confusion visible in my face. I hear him chuckle. He then suddenly grabs my shoulder and push me against the cold surface of a pillar near us. I am staring in his hazel eyes and I can see the intensity on it. But, the intensity is not as much as the killer's eyes. Is there something beyond the eyes, I am staring right now that I can't see yet?

"So is this all about Fara?" he said with an obvious disbelief in his voice.

"I want to ask you that. You are the one who makes me so suspicious to you. First, you were unreasonably missing after that incident, the burn in your hand, the day I got the red letter from the killer in my locker, I saw you there in the locker room and now the silver lighter like the one used by the killer, there is also a dragon pattern in your lighter right? Let me see it, " I said, feeling breathless. He let out, a forceful laugh and shakes his head.

"You're unbelievable Faraxia. All I ever thought is that you are smart enough. Well 'Kay, Let us just put it this way, " he told me then lean closer to me so he can whisper to my ears and said, "Just be careful until that right time comes".

I can feel his warm breath in my ears that makes me stiff. Before I can reply, Hendrix was already on the floor while touching the side of his wounded lips. I saw Gavin that was already on my side. He just punched Hendrix in the face, what the hell!

"What do you think you are doing to my girl? Just back off bro".Gavin said to  Hendrix in a low and annoyed voice.

He hold my right hand tightly and before we can turn our back, Hendrix grab Gavin's arms then punch him straight in the face that makes Gavin stumble in the floor. Hendrix didn't wait for another second and pinned Gavin in the floor. 

"When I already get what I need, I'll make you pay for your wickedness dude! Just wait." Hendrix said to Gavin.

His eyes are full of anger. What does it suppose to mean?Hendrix stands up then get in his car and drove away. I rush to Gavin's side.

"Are you okay Gav?" When I suppose to touch the side of lips where I saw blood, he just push it away and didn't even answer me.

"Let's go" He said in a cold and a low voice without giving me a look. 

He started to walk towards his car on the opposite side of where we are. I followed him behind. He went inside his car.  I hop  in to the passenger seat. There is an unbearable awkward silence between us. He starts the car and drives quietly, focusing on the road. I just lean my head to the window car and watch the road side, drowning in thoughts until he stops the car, we already arrived in our house without me noticing it.

"Gav about what you saw earlier, it's just nothing okay?" I told him and he look at me.

"Just go home, " he said coldly but I stay still.

"About what Hendrix said to you. What does it suppose to mean?" I told him. I was caught off guard when he suddenly grabs my shoulders and looks at me closely.

"Shut the fuck up Faraxia! " he shouted in my face. I open my mouth and close it again. I am shocked with his sudden act. I stared at his eyes and I can see the anger and pain in it. It's the same intensity with someone I loathe or maybe I am just seeing things? When he notice my shock expression, he let go of my shoulder and his face becomes soft.

"Go home." he said, but calmer this time. I am very upset so I get out of his car without saying goodbye.

When I enter our house, I hear my mom greet me but I didn't bother to answer and go straightly to my room. I throw myself to my bed and stare at the ceiling to be drawn by my thoughts again.

Tomorrow will be our anniversary, we should not fight. I need to do something.