I don't know you yet (Book 2 in Hunger Games Fanfic)

I sloppily pushed my fork at the potatos, peppers, and strange green chile Thayer had just put on my plate.

"What is this", I asked?

"Family recipe eat up", Thayer said.

I looked at it questioningly and Elisabeth gave me an eye that said, "Thayer does everything for you the least you can do is eat what he makes you."

I sighed and stabbed my fork into it and brought it to my mouth.

I smiled it tasted good and warm just like Thayer was.

"How is it?", Thayer asked.

I grinned and said, "It's perfect Thay, thank you."

He smiled lightly and made his own plate and sat down next me.

He started to eat his and I said, "I love the green chile you could put it on everything."

He said, "Thanks its my moms recipe."

"I'd love to meet her someday", I said.

"So would I Thayer", Elisabeth said.

"You haven't met her yet?", I asked.

"Nope Thayer isn't ver keen on family get togethers even though his mom sends him mail for family get togethers every weekend. His families pretty close except for him."

"I have my family. You guys", Thayer grunted.

"You need to have more than us", I said.

"Oh really? Have you gone to see your family since you moved here Lyric?"

I bit my lip and said, "Shut up Thay!"

"Oh can't take what your dish out", he teased.

I stuck my tongue out at him and he said, "Put your tongue back in and eat!"

I rolled my eyes and said, "Go see your family!"

"Go see yours", Thayer yelled!

"You first", I said.

"Why do I have to go first?"

"Cause I'm ill your fine."

"Your going to use your amnesia on me?"

"Yep", I smirked popping a berry into my mouth.

"You done", he said trying to change the subject.

"Yes", I grumbled pushing my plate to him to clean it.

He gets up and starts to scrub it over the sink and I come up beside him and say, "Thayer please? I'll go with you if you go with me."

He looks over and says, "Lyr why does it matter?"

"Cause you  need to be around the people that made you as sweet as you are."

He smiles lightly and says, "Familys don't always make you the way you are. Who made you so perfect?" 

"I don't think I'm perfect. And I don't know I only ever hung out wth my family and Pranet and Pranet was never a really happy go lucky person he was actually sort of depressing even as a kid."

"How far are you today", he asked?

"I remember up to when you were taken to your games and watching them", I said.

"Okay", he said.

"You kicked but", I said.

He chuckled and said, "You kicked butt in your games too.", He said.