Chapter 2 Part One: A Problem

A/N: Second chapter! This will be part one because instead of creating a ten page chapter I decided to divide that and make 2, so hooray for math. Anyways please vote and comment, let me know how the story is going so far.

(Picture of eeric to the side)

<S>

I felt my face red from all the anger I was holding in. Luckily as I approached closer to the gates and the fifty steps of cement stairs, I found Daniel….and Eric.

Daniel always seemed to lighten my mood. He smiled as he saw me walk to him, holding the bottom of my dress so I wouldn’t trip. People would think that I would be used to walking with long dresses.

"Rosie Rose!" he called. Daniel towered over me as he tapped my nose lightly with the tip of his finger. Eric followed as his eyes were on lock mode on me. I was uneasy at first, but Daniel helped me to my advantage.

"So Princess, what’s on your pretty little head?" he asked. I usually didn’t like it when people would address me as “Princess,” but Daniel seemed to change the term in his own way.

I  pondered, "Hmm have you heard about the-"

"Masquerade?" I poked his chest. I guess I hurt him more than I intended when he frowned.

"Ow!" he yelped.

"No one is letting me finish my sentences!" I exclaimed. He laughed at my sudden outburst.

"Wonderful. I’m thinking like a girl. How about that Princess? I’m your voice." I giggled, covering my mouth unconsciously.

"Great, now I’ll have to sound like Daniel Vitalli who has a super deep voice."

"I do not!" He said using a light girlish voice. We both giggled and as for Eric, he had his hands in his pockets, kicking the rock in the ground. Daniel noticed the direction of my eyes and traced it to Eric.

"Eric, you’re awfully quiet here, what’s up?" Daniel asked as he scratched the back of his head. My eyes followed back to Eric’s, and I was surprised that his eyes were already glued on mine.

"The same problem I’ve had since I was twelve.” He replied with a gray expression on his face. His words were like sharp knives threatening to break through flesh.

My heart shattered then and there. Eric always wanted to be what Daniel was, an Entie Warrior. Because he was my protector, he was just known as an Entie. That’s it. He wanted to be just like his father and protect the city, the land. But no, he was stuck with the Princess. I looked down at the ground and dashed out of the entrance.

"Rose!" Daniel called. Daniel was familiar with everything Eric has done to make me feel bad for everything.

"Rose!" He yelled once more. I heard footsteps come closer to me. I pushed myself even further, feeling the wind brush away my tears.

I was sobbing once I ran inside the Calabrye Castle, leaning against the wall and wiping away the tears.

Eric hated me. But because my Father, King Artimus was his father’s best friend and also his protector, Eric has to fall in line like his father. Eric couldn’t just leave the opportunity that his father left him with. Besides, my father adored him. If anything he would probably choose him for me, not that my Father hates me, but just out of respect.

I felt heartbroken and if I could I would punch the wall. In the perfect moment, my favorite helper named Rigo came dashing by and even in his mid-50s, he was surprisingly funny. I never liked the word servant because it made me seem powerful and over controlling, so I used housekeeper or helper. Rigo came from Spain, and he is like my grandfather. His peppermint smell lingered around him as he embraced me in a warm hug. He was about the same height as me, maybe even a bit taller.