Chapter 2

Sorry about last chapter, I used Judith as a guy's name.  But my friend told me it was a girl's name.  So now he's just called Jude.. I'm sorry for any mistakes, it's not edited.. XD

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

David Smith never recovered from the lost of his wife. After the funeral, David sunk into deep depression. He refused to eat or talk to anyone, he even kept himself isolated within his room. The twins cried endlessly with only their brother comforting them, their father was no where to been seen. The neighbours became more concerned as the days passed, not once have they seen anyone leaving the house; and when they looked into the windows, they only saw the children comforting each other. Mr Smith was no where to be seen.

It was the second week when Jude decided that it was just up to him to look after his two sisters. Bills started to come in, the house was running out of food, and his father still hasn't left his room unless he needed some food or occasional bottles of Jack Daniel and any other alcoholic beverages. Jude went out and found his first job as a helper in a car garage. Of course, he had lied about his age, nobody would of wanted to hire a 15 years old teenager - full time. He learnt the works of repairing cars quickly and his boss was impressed by his hardworking-ness. By the end of the week, Jude managed to gain £300 to start paying for his family's expenses.

Three months later...

“I'm home!” The door slammed shut as Jude trudged into the house. The delicious smell of dinner floated around him, making his stomach grumble violently. Angelina took over the household chores ever since their mother was admitted into hospital. Her work around the house brought wonders to her siblings mind. She made delicious dinners, the house was squeaky clean, and everything perfect in the house. Today's dinner was lasagne. The family favourite.

“Welcome home,” greeted Angelina, as she placed a plate of lasagne in front of Jude, “Gabrielle is babysitting Kira again, so she'll be back late.” Gabrielle decided that she'll help her brother with the bills, and found odd jobs to do around the neighbourhood. Jude didn't like it at first, but he agreed reluctantly as they are desperately in need of money. Angelina smiled lightly at her brother, she noticed that her brother's body was a lot more toned and was slightly tanned. His hand was rough and his hair was a mess. 'The job must have been tiring,' thought Angelina, while her smile turned into a slight frown. Both of her siblings disagreed in her getting a job, they said that she already did enough by doing all the house chores. However, she wanted to help out.

There was a loud slam upstairs in the house. “ANGEL! WHERE ARE YA'?” A drunken voice rang out from the stairs along with loud thuds of footsteps. Angelina rushed towards the stairs to find her father drunk, again. “There you are,” his voice snarled viciously as his hand reached out and dragged Angelina's long blonde hair. This caused Angelina to move nearer to her father, she whimpered at the sharp pain of her father pulling her hair, “Where's my dinner? I'm hungry. You don't want to starve your dear father, would you now?” He released his daughter's hair and pushed her roughly towards the kitchen. The push made Angelina smash into the wall, and then fell on to the ground due to the pain of the impact.

“You're drunk, AGAIN?” shouted Jude as he rushed to Angelina's side. He gently picked his sister up and held her tightly, “Food is in the kitchen. Get it yourself.” His jaws tightened as he glared as his father. Jude still couldn't believe how his father changed from a perfect one to an abusive one. What was worse is that his father only picked on Angelina, not himself or Gabrielle. Jude held Angelina closer to him and whispered into his ear, “I'll get us out of here one day.”

Angelina looked up at her brother. “Leave?” she replied uncertainly. She wasn't going to leave, no matter what happens. She promised her mother that she would look after everyone for her, that included her father. That meant that she couldn't leave him by himself. She knew that Jude and Gabrielle was more than able to look after themselves, but her father? “I can't leave here, Jude.”

“Why?” Her brother was in shock. Why can't she leave? He thought back to when his father finally left his room and spoke to them for the first time. Well... Actually, he only shouted at Angelina.

One month ago...

“I'm hungry,” grumbled the voice at the doorway of the kitchen.

The three siblings was shocked to see their father at the doorway. He looked like he hasn't slept for days with the huge bags underneath his dull brown eyes. David Smith was a mess. He was drunk and his sneer on his face intimated his children as it was opposite to the normal kind, warm smiles he use to have. David looked passed Gabrielle and Jude. His eyes focused on Angelina, who looked exactly like her mother.

“I'm hungry,” He repeated, and dragged himself towards Angelina, “Make me food!” Without warning, he grabbed Angelina's blouse and pulled her out of her chair roughly. The blouse tore slightly, creating a loud ripping sound. “Why do you wear such thin, weak fabric?” David growled, “You trying to attracted attention with that thin fabric? Going to be a whore and find some guy to run away with? Leave me, your brother and your twin?” Angelina looked up at her father in fear before he continued his rant, “You look just like your mother. Maybe you'll act just like her, leaving us all by ourselves. So are you going to run away with some guy then? ARE YOU?”

“N-n-n-no” Angelina stuttered out quietly. Suddenly David's hand slapped Angelina's delicate face roughly.

“Don't lie, you little b*tch. You're going to leave us, just like your mother!” He growled, as he pushed her violently to her ground. Jude snapped out of his shocked state, and quickly pushed his father away from Angelina.

He stood between them and glared into his father's eyes, “What's wrong with you?”

“Don't protect her, son. She's going to leave us,” David tried to move Jude out of the way, but 

Jude stayed where he stood. His work in the car garage paid off in building his body strength. David got impatient, “MOVE, SON!”

“No, dad. You back off!” Jude said through gritted teeth. He wasn't going to let the person that left them to fend for themselves hurt his sisters. In fact, no way in hell was he going to let anybody in this world to hurt his sisters. David saw that Jude wasn't going to budge. He grunted and dragged himself drunkly into the kitchen for food.

Gabrielle snapped out of her shocked state. She rushed to her twin and pulled her into a tight embrace. “What happened just now? What happened to him?” Her questions was left unanswered as the twins broke into tears. They lost their mother, now father they knew was gone too. Jude crouched down, and pulled both of them into his arms.

“It's okay,” He whispered, “It's going to be okay.”

However, they all knew... It's not okay.