Chapter 5

The good news? Blaine was not putting his life in danger by driving drunk.

The bad news? I was probably putting both of our lives, and every other person's life, in danger when I sat in the driver seat and realized it was a stick shift. Great. Just freaking great. But there was no way I would let Blaine know I had no idea how to drive his car.

I cleared my throat, knowing that Blaine's gaze was on me, making me feel a lot more pressure. I began to push and pull buttons, proud when I finally got the car to move.

"Make a right up here," He muttered as I pulled out of the parking lot. I did as instructed, driving slowly down the road as we sat in an uncomfortable silence.

"My name's Carter, by the way," I spoke up and snuck a glance at him. He rolled his eyes at that.

How sweet. Really, it's great this guy has the looks to make up for his pathetic excuse of a personality.

"If I wanted to know you're name, I would have asked."

I scoffed muttering, "Doubt it." I could already tell this Blaine guy was stubborn. He was stubborn enough to shut me up at the bar and he was way to stubborn to hand over the keys. So I knew if he wanted to know my name, he wouldn't ask because that would make him seem curious about me and make him seem like a somewhat caring guy. God forbid that should happen.

"What was that?" He asked. My eyes grew wide, upset with myself that I realized he heard me.

I tried to brush it off as I shook my head. "Oh, nothing."

I could feel his glare practically burning a hole in my face but I tried deperately to ignore it.

"Pull over," He instructed suddenly as I looked at him with shock.

"What? No!" There were two reasons why I was not going to pull over:

1. He just wanted to get the keys from me, leave me stranded here, then drive off drunk and I could not let that happen.

2. I didn't exactly know how to pull over. So far I had been driving slowly down the street, not having to stop. I had planned on telling him I had no idea how to drive his car when I dropped him off at his house or I could just ask him to jump out but I didn't think he would appreciate that.

Blaine gave me a hard look as his voice became demanding. "Carter, pull this car over right--"

But see, here's the problem. I didn't think about the other reason why he wanted me to stop the car so badly. If I was a smarter person, I would have done what he said and found out how to pull over, but no, not my stubborn little self. Because next thing I know Blaine throws up from all of the alcohol he had. And yes, you guessed it folks, he aimed for me.

I guess since I didn't pull over he was a bit pissed and he also figured his car interior was a lot nicer looking than my clothes were so it'd be fine if he barfed all over them.

I let out a scream as I still continued driving."Why the hell did you do that?!" I asked, my voice now rasing an octave like it always did when I was pissed.

I saw him lean his head against his window and I sware I heard that asshole laugh about the whole thing. My grip on the steering wheel tightened while I glared out the window, and not even a minute passed before Blaine was soundly snoring away, now passed out.

And there I was, covered in throw up, not knowing where to drop Blaine off, and having no clue how to drive a FREAKING STICK SHIFT. This was so freaking perfect.