Headless ghost

Doug Reydie and Rachel Eirman stood on the front stoop of Willicks Manor and looked up to the top window which was had a glowing light shining out from it.

"You go in first" said Rachel. Doug looked at her in surprise and shook his head.

"No way!" protested Doug "Willicks Manor has been empty for forty years, that could be a ghost." Rachel laughed at Doug and his theory and said "Fine I'll go in. You wait out here." She began to open the front door when Doug stopped her.

"What are you doing? I'm telling you, that's a ghost up there!" he insisted "Haven't you ever heard the story of the headless ghost?"

"No, what's it about?" asked Rachel.

"It's rumored that William Willicks, the owner of Willicks Manor, had a son, Charlie Willicks" he began "But no one ever knew about him because when he was ten years old, his head was sliced off by an insane murderer! Now he wanders around Willicks Manor looking for a new head!" Once again, Rachel laughed at Doug.

"I doubt it's the headless ghost you're talking about" she said, trying to restrain her laughter. She went back to open the door and entered the house. She gave Doug the thumbs up before slowly pulling it closed. He heard her footsteps grow fainter as she walked up the stairs. In about five minutes, Doug guessed she had gotten to the attic, which was where the light was coming from. Then he heard Rachel scream.

She's just trying to scare me Doug told himself But I'm not falling for it! He waited a couple more minutes for Rachel to come back down, but she didn't. He waited another ten, but she still hadn't come back down. He was worried now. He flung open the door and hurriedly ran up the stairs.

"Rachel! Rachel!" he called. No reply. When he got to the attic door, he slowly opened it, and saw Rachel's body lying on the floor, it's head missing. He gasped backing slowly out the door, until he hit something.

"I found a girls head" he heard a voice say calmly behind him "But I need a boys head." And then everything went black