Chapter Two

"Who are you and why are you here?!?!" he said while hitting me again but this time in the ribs. "I'm the muffin man" I said with a laugh showing my bloody teeth. "That's it" he said. He began to raise the gun up to fire when I jumped backwards and threw my knife. There was a thud followed by a gurgling sound. I looked up to find that I had hit him in the neck with my seven inch blade. There was a sickening red liquid pooled around his lifeless body. I leaned down, grabbed my knife, wiped it off and closed his still open eyes. "May god bless you" I prayed for the soulless body that lay there motionless on the cold dirt. I looked left then right. "There you are" I said seeing my weapon in a pile of leaves. "Let's get moving" I said while giving the crimson puddle one final look.

1430 hours (2:30 pm)

I knelt down, "The ground is still soft. These prints are fresh" I said looking at abrasions in the earth. "These tracks haven't even been attempted to get covered up. No sniper would ever let this happen unless there was an ambush up ahead." I pushed my rifle behind me and pulled my M1911 out in front of me and started to creep around the path. I stopped. I listened. SNAP!!! A branch broke. I heard a loud yell in English but before I could decipher what was said I felt a quick, hard and painful hit on the back of my head where the gash was. "Son of a bitch!" I yelled as I turned with my pistol in my hand. I saw him running so I aimed, held my breath, and fired. Once. Twice. Three times. The first shot missed his head by less then a foot and impaled itself in a tree. The second hit him in the left thigh. The third hit him in the middle of the back. I walked up to him and grabbed his collar. "How did you know where the camp was?!" "Do you think I'm answering you?" he replied in a heavy Korean accent. "I think that if you want to live then to will do as I say. How did you know where the camp was?!" "Hahaha." "That's it." I grabbed his hand, lade it down flat and I drove my knife through it. "Answers! I want answers!" I stabbed his knee this time. "Okay. Okay." He said "Our scouts found your camp. I have been watching you for almost a week. When I saw your commanding officer I took a shot but missed. I believe it hit that pathetic soldier behind you. Hahaha." "Thanks." I said. "Are you going to let me go?" "Sure" I said. I stood him up and he started running but when he stopped and turned I saw his gun. I brought my firearm up and took one shot. He was dead before he hit the ground. I grabbed his walkie-talkie, his ammunition and then found my way back to the path. I followed the path for the next two days and then I found a camp. "Joseph, Mary, and Jesus.." I said. I put my silencer on my rifle and looked through the scope. I found the highest ranking officers in a group discussing some patterns on the ground. Pewst. Pewst. Pewst. Pewst. I shot all four of them in the upper chest region. A herd of Korean soldiers came running over and that's when I saw him. The highest ranking soldier in the camp. General Zou. "Gotcha you son of bitch..." I took one shot and hit him in the head. "Shit!" I said in a quiet but surprised voice as for the second time a bullet flew right past my face. The soldiers were firing randomly into the trees. I turned and ran out of there. About a mile or two away I set up claymores to hold them off as I made my escape from their lines. I ran for what seemed to be ever when I herd four distant booms. One right after another. I made it back to camp late that night. "Prepare for enemy infantry!!!" I yelled to the soldiers. "What the hell is this do you mean Medina?" asked Sergeant Whitaker "I killed Zou..." I said sternly. "You did what?!" said Whitaker. "I killed General Zou" I said again without looking at Whitaker. He saw the seriousness of the situation and ordered the soldiers to turn out their lights and watch the hills closely. "Listen..." said a Lieutenant behind me. "Hear them running? Shouting? They are one of the best armies. Get ready for the fight of your lives."