☑ #8: Get Drunk

“Hey, Oliver.”

                “Hm.”

                “Oliver.”

                “Hm.”

                “Ollie?”

                “What?” His head snapped up in a start, [gray] eyes wide. Blue rolled her own blue ones and climbed through the open window. When she had peered through the glass he had been scrawling something messily on the papers before him. It was as if he had gotten so used to her sneaking into his room that Oliver found it perfectly normal when her voice appeared suddenly.

            “Do you…” she spun in his spinny desk chair, surveying the books on his shelves. “Have you ever gotten drunk?”

                “What?” he said for the second time that day, laughing a bit incredulously at her.

                “Have you?”

                “Yeah…”

                “Is it fun?”

                “At the time.” Oliver got up to move some things on his desk, then turned sideways and leaned his hip against it, studying her expectantly.

                “I want to get drunk—no, I need to get drunk,” Blue declared, sitting up straight.

                “You need to.” He raised a brow in amusement. She nodded enthusiastically. Oliver sighed and dragged a hand down his face. “There’s a party at Derek’s today, if you really—no, sorry, need to get drunk,” he told her and Blue had the feeling that he found this all a bit droll. And maybe it was, but Blue didn’t care at the moment.

                “Okay,” Blue agreed readily, though she didn’t know who the hell Derek was.

                “Get ready,” he told her, brows disappearing behind his dark locks.

                “What, to get drunk? Let’s just go.”

***

  #1: Hug the first person I see on the streets

#2: Sleep under the stars (no tent or anything; just on the grass)

#3:Learn to play the piano

#4: Go skinny-dipping

#5: Trespassing and have a picnic there

#6: Finish a book under an hour

#7: Go to a concert

#8: Get drunk

***

                She was so, so drunk and he was so, so exasperated and any onlookers wouldn’t be sure whether to laugh or run away from the wreck in his arms.