Chapter 22

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HELLO!

I hope you are enjoying the story so far and I hope you like this chapter. It is going to be an event changer and many things will start to unveil soon. We will soon find out what Elena is up to, why does Marc have a scratch on his neck, and why does the vampire prince want Deidre.

-Leila

Unknown

Unknown

I have to act quickly. There was no time to waste. The circle was quickly closing in and I knew sooner or later they will find out eventually that it was me. Now that my first plan has failed I have to turn to my only last resort--the Vampire prince. It is war that was pushing on the barrier to break free and be unleashed like a leaf on top of water and at any given moment it can slip under the water and disappear.

If only I could get her alone. If only, the stupid lycans don't surround her like she was a treasure. She was anything but that. She was a weakling--someone who doesn't deserve to be our Queen. How much more corrupted can we get? We have to resort in human mates as our Queen? We have always lived our life with royal blood lines. I don't care if she has turned lycan. She was still human in my eyes.

Angrily, I pushed the items on my desk off in one push. I snarled as I seethed silently.

Think! What can I do?

I began pacing as I try to come up with a plan. My last visit with the Vampire prince was a pain in the ass. I am not looking forward to it but if I could bring a piece offering, an alliance can be forged. I will have the help of the vampires on my side and together we just might be able to overthrow the king.

I stopped in my footstep as I looked outside and saw something that might just turned into my favor. A slow grin made it on my face. Yes. That was it.

Invictus

After Deidre has fallen asleep, I couldn't find the will to sleep along with her. Instead, I sat in bed and stared at her sleeping form. My soul was in turmoil at the thought of any harm coming to her and sleeping means that I can't protect her and hence I am awake watching her.

My fingers softly grazed her temple down to her cheeks. She was my lycan but she was also so fragile. A newborn with a power so strong and an emotional wave like humans. It will take her years to settle into her new form but those were years I was looking forward to.

My jaw tightened slightly as I thought about the threat. My heart was beating at a crazy rate as adrenaline rushed through my veins. What can I do? My eyes moved back to look at her. She said that Elena did it.

It wasn't that I was defending Elena but Elena has been with us for decades.

If she was going to harm us, why not during those times?