Dark Shadows- Chapter 1

Into the shadows, I was born. In the shadows, I shall remain. I am one of the world's deadliest creatures, but the world just doesn't know it.

I don't belong anywhere, especially among humans. They like to believe that my world doesn't exist, that it's just a myth. If they knew the truth, none of us would even exist. That's the difference between us and them. Humans kill anything they don't understand, but we leave them alive. I crave the taste of human blood everywhere I go, but I can't let myself taste even a drop. I wouldn't even dare to because they would know. My parents created an abomination. Me.

Vampires and Werewolves are enemies. They always have been and they always will be. My mother and father abandoned me when I was just a few weeks old. They had to leave, or they would die. I just hope that one day I will meet them again. Now all three of us are on the run, forever moving but never crossing paths. For years they have chased us and for years more they shall. Vampires and Werewolves both want my family dead. Was it so wrong that my mother and father found love within another species? My werewolf father, Mason and my vampire mother, Katherine fell in love and I, Caleb Green was created as a result.

I must remain in hiding as both species want to hunt me down and kill me, just because I have both genes of my parents in me. I am a hybrid- half vampire and half werewolf- and I must not be allowed to live. My mother and father's mistake have put them on the most wanted list too.

I have tried blending in with humans, but it just doesn't work. Their scent over powers my senses, and I just want to sink my teeth into their necks. But I can't even think about that because my hunters would know and I would be dead. I tried being in a werewolf pack for a while, but that didn't work out either. Every full moon there was, I would have to break every bone in my body to become a wolf. Since I can choose whether or not to become a wolf, I chose not to and ran.

I wasn't only running from the hunters, I was running from the only person I would ever truly love. I was running from Lexi, my vampire one true love. Whatever we feel for each other, it must not come to anything. I am a hybrid and she is a vampire. Our child would have both the vampire and werewolf gene in them. I cannot give my child the same life as I have just now. I can't be with Lexi or anybody else for that matter, because any of my offspring would be exactly like me.

Now I wander aimlessly everyday, feeding on the blood of innocent animals-because that's how much of an abomination I am- and trying to find some meaning for my life. Maybe one day I will live in peace, but that can only be if my hunters die or give up. Seeing as they can live forever and can only be killed with a stake through the heart or with silver bullets, I don't think that is going to happen any time soon.