Chapter Five

"Delane...Delane" I heard a soft whisper and a nudge on my shoulder. My head jerked up suddenly and the person to my side jumped.

"Sorry" I murmured sleepily, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I looked over to see Harry...so, it wasn't a dream. I really am a witch.

"We are leaving" he whispered as he threw random clothes into a trunk.

"What? Where? How?" I ask in a urgent voice as I jumped off the cot. "How did I get here" I ask confused, motioning to the bed.

"I wasn't going to let you sleep on the floor" he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"And my friends, the Weaslys are here to pick us up. You should sneak over to your room for clothes" he told me as he continued packing. I nodded and walked to the door when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Be careful and quiet" he whispered. I looked up at him and nodded absentmindedly.

I walked to the bedroom right next to Harry's. It was perfectly neat. Petunia liked a clean house and that included my room. I felt a single tear run down my cheek, this wasn't my room anymore. The furniture wasn't mine, the bed sheets weren't mine, it was all gone.

I knocked myself out of my daze and walked to the white dresser and packed all I could into the small suitcase we sometimes used for holiday. I packed some of my dresses, jeans, tops, pajamas, my many hair clips, three pairs of shoes that I often used and my tooth brush.

I jumped to my feet and waked to the bedroom door. I peaked out and slowly looked side to side when I saw the coast was clear I tiptoed quickly to Harry's room. When I walked in I saw Harry had Hedwig, my father hated that bird, he often ranted on end about it.

"Ready?" Harry ask taking the bright pink suitcase out of my hand. I nodded and brushed my hair out of my eyes.

"Are they here?" I ask curiously I couldn't wait to meet wizard folk.

"Yep" he smiled "They already have my trunk I just needed to get Hedwig" I nodded.

"How did you get down stairs and back so quickly?" I ask him.

"I didn't" he said pointing toward the window, with a wicked smirk on his face.

"What do you-" I ask as I was interrupted when I saw a car...floating outside the window. I stood there open mouthed till Harry nudged me.

I rubbed my eyes in amazement to see if I was just imagining things but It was still there... floating. Harry laughed at my dumbfounded expression as he stepped into the car window.

"Could you hand me Hedwig" he ask quickly. I turned around quickly and picked up the cage. She screeched for some reason and I jumped in fright. I turned to Harry and moved to hand him Hedwig but I felt a hand grasp around my ankle I squealed as I heard my fathers screams. I saw two red headed boys pull on my arms so forcefully I felt my arms would come out of the sockets till we finally broke free from my father.

I landed in the car with a 'thunk' and Harry and a red headed boy helped me up to the seat.

"Who is this, Harry?" I heard a taunting voice ask from the front seat.

"A girlfriend?" I heard another.

"No- No! this is my cousin, Delane" he exclaimed in embarrassment.

"But you can call me Dellie" I interrupted.

"I thought your family was terrible, Harry" the boy to my left finally spoke. "Why would you bring her the first place? How is she getting back"

"She's not going back" Harry spoke to him. "She is a witch we found out today" no one spoke so I decided to speak.

"My family didn't exactly take it well" I explained sadly "I don't think I'm really welcome at home anymore" I looked at the seat to avoided eye contact.

"Their loss you seem lovely to me" one of the boys from the front said "Doesn't she, George" he ask the other boy
"Of Course, Fred" I laughed at their antics.

"Fred Weasley, Madame" he introduced himself with a formal accent I giggled.

"Delane- ummm" I said I didn't feel comfortable introduced myself with that last name any more.

"Just Delane" I said finally.

"Hello, 'Just Delane'" I heard a second voice chirp "The name is George" he finished.

Then I heard one last introduction to my left "Ronald Weasley" he told me "But you can call me Ron" I nodded to him and smiled before I leaned into my seat. I didn't know where I was going but I sure was happy it was away from my father.