The Harsh Truth

“You never told me you were coming for a visit!” Liam exclaimed hugging Danielle tightly.

“After Harry told me you were being a sour prune because you missed me too much, I booked a flight straight away. I couldn’t bear the thought of you being such a kill joy.” Danielle replied.

Liam looked at Harry and Harry shrugged.

“It was true, mate.” He pointed out.

“I missed you so much.” Liam said hugging her again.

“Don’t worry, Daddy Direction.I’m here for the entire weekend.” Danielle replied kissing Liam.

“I get no love from boo bear?” Eleanor said plastering a hurt look on her face.

“Nope. Boo bear’s all mine.” Harry replied.

“But Swagmasta from Doncasta is!” Louis replied taking Eleanor in his arms and kissing her passionately.

“I missed you so much!” Lou said after the kiss. His voice broke in the last part.

“Awww. I missed you, too!” Eleanor replied her eyes turning moist.

It was then that I realized something that I started feeling tears in my eyes, too. I wiped them away quickly but Eleanor noticed.

“Are you okay, Charlie?” She asked and 11 pairs of eyes turned to look at me.

“I’m fine.” I replied. “It’s so wonderful to finally see you!” I added and she hugged me.

“We can talk about it later.” she whispered in my ear and I gave her a small nod.

“Niall lied when he said you were pretty. You are drop dead gorgeous!” Danielle said walking towards me and hugging me, too.

“You must be Kirstie? Harry’s next target?” Eleanor asked turning to Kirstie who was holding hands with Harry.

“Uhmm, yeah?” Kirstie managed to say.

“Don’t scare her, El.” Harry warned.

“Chill, Hazza. I like her more than Caroline.” Danielle replied.

“Who even liked Caroline?!” Niall said and we all laughed.

“Let me guess. Tiarna?” Danielle said pointing to Tiarna who had Zayn’s arms around her waist.

“That I am.” Tiarna replied laughing slightly.

“I heard you dance well?” Danielle asked.

“I know how to dance. But I’m nothing compared to you.” Tiarna said looking down.

“Practice makes perfect, love. I knew your mother. She was quite the dancer. She must have passed some of her skills to you.” Danielle said smiling.

Tiarna blushed slightly and Zayn whispered something in her ear that made her blush deeper.

“You and Selena are over then?” Eleanor asked gesturing to Justin and Bea.

“I ended it a few weeks ago. I needed something new.” Justin answered winking at Bea.

“I can see why you preferred her.” Danielle approved smiling at Bea.

“Okaay. Now that we’re over the introductions, how about we head back to the school to catch up?” Zayn suggested.

We all nodded and made a run for the parking lot. We managed to steer clear from any fans and got in the car. Harry turned the engine on and we were on our way to the school.

Kirstie turned the radio on and What Makes You Beautiful was on.

So co-come on!

You’ve got it wrong

To prove I’m right I put it in a so-o-ong

I don’t know why

You’re being shy

And turn away when I look into your e-eyes!

Zayn sang along making Tiarna blush scarlet.

The boys sang along throughout the whole song and we entered the gates of our school. We got off and I saw Eleanor fan herself awkwardly.

“Philippine heat getting to you?” I asked offering my battery operated mini-fan. I kept it for emergency purposes.

She took it and smiled at me. We went to the trunk of the car and helped out by bringing some of the bags. We went to our building and the boys announced they wanted to rest for a few minutes then we could do something fun together. Justin wanted to walk the shopping off and Bea came with him.

Eleanor and I were alone in my room. She took off her shoes and I took off mine, too. She sat at my bed and started running her hands through her hair. She saw me looking at her and she smiled.

“How are the boys treating you?” She asked.

“They’re doing fine. It’s like I’m their little sister.” I replied laughing slightly.

“I wouldn’t say that. You seem matured for your age. Not that it’s a bad thing, though.” She said.

I laughed again. This time louder.

“I can see why Niall fell for you.” She said a smile tugging at her lips.

“Why is that?” I asked suppressing my laughter.

“Your laugh. It’s as beautiful as his.” She replied.

I fell silent at that. I never knew I had a beautiful laugh. My laugh seemed normal. It seemed ordinary. Not like Niall’s. His laugh could make you laugh along with him. I never had that effect.

“What happened back there in the mall?” She asked her voice full of concern.

“I don’t know.” I lied.

 “Don’t lie to me, love.” She said looking at me straight in the eye.

I sighed. “I’m scared.” I admitted.

“About what?” She asked.

“My relationship with Niall. I know he loves me and I love him, too. With all my heart. But.” I said feeling tears in my eyes again.

“But what?” She asked urging me to continue.            

“He won’t stay in the Philippines forever. He’ll be in tours. Meet new people and forget about me eventually. I’m just a girl.” I said whispering the last part.

It was a long time before she replied. She spoke her words carefully. Emphasizing every word.

“I’ve known Niall for a long time, Charlie. He met beautiful girls like you all the time. But he didn’t show interest for any of them. Except you. Charlie you have his heart and I don’t think he wants it back.” Eleanor said not breaking her gaze.

“I don’t know, El. I guess I’m just a coward.” I admitted feeling the tears on my face.

 “So what’s your plan then?” she asked.

I took a deep breath and sighed.

“I have to break up with him.” I replied.