0.2

"It's good. Really good."

I looked up from the essay to see his eyes glued on me. He quickly looked away, fumbling with his words.

"Oh um, t-thanks."

He smiled at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Now what's the real reason you asked me to read it because you're probably doing better than me in this class and it's total bullshit if you deny it?"

He looked down blushing slightly.

"I uh needed an excuse to talk to you."

I gave him a questionable look.

"Why?"

He scratched the back of his head nervously.

"I um, I wanted to get to know you better."

I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why would you want to do that?"

My tone was bitchy. I didn't mean for it to be snarky, it was just that I wasn't liked by the male species. I was the nerd. No one liked the nerd.

"Because you're a total badass."

I stood still suddenly counting the tiles on the floor.

"Why do you think that," I mumbled quietly, gnawing on my bottom lip.

I looked up again to meet his icy stare.

"Just look at you," he huffed loudly. "You come into class everyday wearing a band shirt with a flannel and Vans. You always have your fringe clipped back and your glasses are always on your face. You don't take shit from anybody in here and you don't care about all the snickers you get for answering a question. You're a badass Carlson, a total badass."

"You don't even know me Hemmings," I glared at him. "I'm the fucking nerd. Just because I give a shit about this class and no one else does, it doesn't make me a badass. If you knew why I'm here, you would think I'm quite pathetic."

I walked out of the class and jogged until I made it to my dorm room. I quickly opened it and walked in. I immediately regretted my decision. There my roommate Noelle was with none other than Ashton Irwin, the leader of Luke's 'group.' They were too busy to notice me so I shut the door quickly. I groaned in frustration and pounded on the brick wall next to it. After a bit, I turned around and slid down the wall so I sat on the cold linoleum floor.

I threw my head down against my knees and curled myself into a ball. After a few minutes, I heard footsteps. I looked up to see Luke, carrying his backpack as well as mine.

"What to do want Hemmings?"

He came up to me and sat down beside me, handing my backpack over.

He sighed before speaking.

"I want to get to know you. I want to know your hopes, your fears, why you have such a strange love of English. I want to know the real Carlson."

"You don't even know my real name," I mumbled weakly.

"Well let's start with that."

I looked over at him. He smiled sadly. I sighed loudly, dramatically moving my shoulders.

"Honour. My name is Honour."

He looked a bit taken aback, but smiled anyway.

"That's an interesting name."

I smiled slightly.

"Yeah, well my dad was an author. He liked weird names."

His eyebrows raised.

"Was an author?"

I felt myself well up inside but I knew I couldn't break. He couldn't know. This was my secret. I bit my lip trying to keep control of myself.

"Yeah," I smiled. "That's why I like English so much."

I was hoping he'd just drop the subject so I was more than happy when he did.

"Well Honour, why are you sitting outside of your own room?"

I huffed.

"One of your douchebag friends is hooking up with my room mate as we speak."

He made a hideous expression, then gained his composure.

"Well, would you like to maybe come back to my room and hang out with me?"

"Strictly platonic?"

He nodded his head.

"I will not try a thing."

----------------------------------------------

Honour is a badass. She was actually modeled from me. I have extremely nerdy glasses and love English too much. Anyway, this book is still ranked which is insane, I still can't believe it. I love everyone that's been voting and commenting. I never imagined anything of mine would ever get ranked. The hint is still 27.

Vote, Comment, I love you!

- Hayley