0.1

*7 months before*

They sauntered in like they owned the place. Every girl in the room gawked at them, suddenly captivated by their charm. It was like one of those stupid teenage movies where the incredibly attractive guy can get any girl he wants but he chooses the dorky one.

But those were just movies. Stupid, unrealistic movies.

Every day they would walk in, and girls eyes immediately trained on them. Every girl but one. That was me. One sort of captured my attention a little though.

He would always sit behind me and try to get my attention. He was the quietest of the four of them and didn't seem to notice the attention. He was just going along with his friends. But it seemed like he wasn't happy with them.

*April 23, 2014*

"Hey," a voice called from behind me. The person also touched my shoulder gently. I turned to see the boy staring back at me.

Blonde hair that was up in a quiff. Ocean blue eyes. A black lip ring sitting on the right corner of his lip. He was wearing a blue flannel, it buttoned up just so you could see a little bit of his chest.

"Yes," I questioned back, hoping I hadn't been staring for too long.

"I was wondering if you could help me a little with this assignment after class. I want to make sure my essay is good enough for Ms. Walton."

He cradled the ring between his teeth momentarily. I pushed my black and clear framed glasses up a little, sighing.

"Why do you want me to read it?"

His hands went down under the desk, fidgeting together.

"Because you're the best person in this class and it seems like you actually give a shit about it."

I rolled my eyes.

"You think I'm the geeky English nerd, don't you?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"You kind of fit the part but I believe you're cuter than a nerd."

My face must have flushed because he laughed lightly.

"Fine, I'll do it but it's not because of your attempt at a compliment Hemmings."

"Whatever you say Carlson. My actual name's Luke by the way."

I looked back over at him.

"Thank you captain obvious."

His brows furrowed.

"Why is it obvious?"

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh please, everyone knows who you are."

He smiled as if it satisfied him knowing that he was well talked about on the campus. I looked over at his friends that sat in the back.

"Your friends are a bunch of douches."

He followed my gaze.

"I know, sadly."

He turned around, pity filling his eyes.

"Why don't you find other friends?"

He rubbed his eyes tiredly.

"I've been with those guys since before we even started school. I can't just leave them now. But I think I found a new friend."

I gave him a questionable look.

"Who?"

He smirked.

"You."

----------------------------------------------

OKAY FIRST OF ALL, THIS GOT RANKED. I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES WHEN I SAW THAT.

SECOND, I'M CURRENTLY BUILDING UP THE SCENE FOR WHAT IS YET TO COME. HINT: 27.

VOTE, COMMENT, I LOVE YOU!

- Hayley