III A Christmas Wish

It seems as though wherever she went the holiday horde never seized, only grew in numbers and strength as the holiday's numbers dwindled closer to the Christmas night. Two days in a row she has endured with the overbearing crowds and now she's trapped within the Mucho Mart holiday catastrophe. She only wished to go through the crowd to make her way to the little alley that was her home, saving some small baked goods inside her jacket from the nice elderly couple that insisted on giving her some warm food.

Only for her to be swept into the store with the crazed crowd along with another crazed Christmas shopping nightmare.

All she heard within the stores walls were the sounds of stomping, yelling and screaming buyers, lost children crying in certain corners of the store, and the poor Christmas items up for sale being torn and ripped to shreds, simply being fought over by other rage blinded shoppers. The employees of the store had no holiday spirit whatsoever, not a single smile to be shed nor greetings or farewell to each customer of 'Happy Holidays,' or 'Merry Christmas'. All that was presented were unsatisfied frowns and slow movements from employee to customer as if saying 'what am I doing here?' while the customers frowned with impatience and displeasure whilst rubbing their temples to sooth the burning ache.

It was apparent that Christmas was no longer what she remembered it to be.

Further down into the store she could hear a certain play going on as the store went on in its rampage, that area looked to be less crowded and filled with a bit more cheer than the rest of the store. Standing up from her resting place at the bottom of the giant nut cracker- after helping a young boy find his parent- she made her way to the plays display and it warmed her heart to see what play was being shown by the younger kids in, what she guessed to be, a school class.

A Nativity Story.

A small smile only grew on her dirtied face as the play continued. Though she never really remembered any reindeer, talking snowmen, cute little elves, or sugar plum fairies in the original play, she still enjoyed the small harmonious singing from the dressed up kids that gave their best effort. And from her corner she saw one reindeer she recognized and was filled with even more delight.

Max.

Though he was still young his voice sounded like an angel and looked to be completely enthralled with the holiday song to even glance at the crowd watching them. When in truth he was tired, nervous, and irritated all together.

Max stood by one student that was trying to ruin all the Christmas spirit and fun for the younger kids by telling them stupid facts about Santa just being a marketing ploy for Pepsi.... or Coke.... whatever. However some of his nerves died down when he immediately saw Sofia with the crowd and with her smile broad and contagious he could only smile right back when he had caught her attention.

When the kid next to him nudged him hard in the side and remarked something about how stupid all this Christmas stuff was Max could no longer take his whining and went at him full force. With a hard shove he knocked him off his feet and the stage into the backside of the piano, forcing the wind out of the boys lungs momentarily. With his eyes wide and his hands morphing onto fists he lunged for Max with the intent to get payback, though having a good start with a good right cross to his left cheek he didn't see the drop kick coming as max sent him flying right into the hard manger filled with stinky fresh hay. He stood up, more angry than the last, as he barreled into max's front taking him off of his feet and successfully pinning him down to continue punching Max with everything he had.