Chapter Seventy-Eight

On Christmas morning, Kefira was up incredibly early along with Bandile in order to prepare for the arrival of Neville's gift

On Christmas morning, Kefira was up incredibly early along with Bandile in order to prepare for the arrival of Neville's gift. The rest of the Walsh household was silent as the family and the guests were all sound asleep in their beds. Kefira tiptoed down the stairs to head outside where Bandile was waiting for her. The man had confirmation that the gift would be arriving right on time as they planned and the girl could hardly contain herself. She had a camera already set up and prepared to take a picture of Neville's reaction of when he received his gift. Bandile had been more than happy to help Kefira present the boy something special and it hadn't been as hard as many would believe. 

After all, there were people all around the world in debt to him, offering to do him any sort of favour he needed and it certainly came handy around Christmas time. The gift was to arrive early in the morning as the Longbottom family had the plans of going to the St. Mungo's ward in order to spend time with Alice and Frank. Kefira, of course, was going as well as she always enjoyed her time there. But Bandile was actually planning on going as well, in some way, he was going to pay his respects to the couple that he had met plenty of times when working with the Order. 

Once again, Bernard was kept in the dark of the whole matter, leaving the man incredibly confused with the family dynamics as they wouldn't be able to open certain gifts in front of him. It was the whole reason why Kefira and Bandile had to plan Neville's gift carefully to reduce the man's suspicions. He was keeping a close eye on everyone and in a household where six people possessed magic, it was becoming difficult to do so. But after the Christmas celebrations, it would become much easier after Algie, Augusta, Sedi, and Bandile would return to their respective homes. 

"Alright,' Bandile said glancing down at his watch after several minutes had passed," you go wake up Neville and bring him out here. Just try to keep quiet, will you?"

"When have I ever been known to be loud, Uncle Bandile?" Kefira asked with a cheeky grin before making her way inside.

"Since birth," Bandile muttered as he placed his hand with the watch down to his side. 

Kefira returned inside the house as quiet as she possibly could and made her way to the guest room where Neville was sleeping. In the same room, Uncle Algie was resting on a separate bed, snoring loudly, the loud rumbles echoing like thunder in the room. The girl had no idea how Neville could sleep with such noise as she walked over to Neville. She began shaking him gently and eventually, the boy stirred from his slumber and it was then that Kefira watched as he pulled up rolled up tissue from his ears. 

"Morning," she whispered to him, " and a holly jolly Christmas to you."

Neville sat up with a smile before rubbing his eyes to rid of the sleepiness that lingered. He looked over at his uncle before turning back to her. "Holly Jolly to you too," he chuckled lightly.

"Can you follow me...quietly?" She asked him as she held out her hand to him. Neville looked confused but he readily agreed as he took a hold of her hand and climbed off his bed to follow. Kefira was leading him down the long hallway until she came to a sudden stop and then turned him.