Chapter Thirty One

Kefira was lying on her bed looking over the fake galleon coin that Hermione had given to all the members of the D

Kefira was lying on her bed looking over the fake galleon coin that Hermione had given to all the members of the D.A. She flipped it around in her fingers, smiling at the brilliance behind the idea of using the coins to figure out when their next meeting would be held. Obviously, they couldn't go by word of mouth, it was too risky and it was already probably suspicious to Umbridge that students weren't going to listen to her every word. The coin was designed by Hermione, any time there was a meeting to be held, the coin would grow hot as the date and time changed on each of the coins.

Everyone had been extremely impressed by it while some of the students questioned as to why Hermione wasn't sorted into Ravenclaw for her brilliant and creative idea. The girl had told them that the Sorting Hat did consider it but ended up sorting her into Gryffindor instead. Kefira wished she was as smart as Hermione, it would probably make her training so much easier if the work came to her easier like things did with Hermione. But she couldn't dwell on those facts, she just had to keep working harder.

Luckily, Professor McGonagall seemed to have taken an interest in having the Gryffindors take back the Quidditch Cup for her office. She refrained from giving them homework as the days were leading up to the match showing some form of mercy. However, the Gryffindors certainly wished that kind of kindness would be shown by all the professors, mainly Professor Snape.

Ever since the slip-up of him nearly calling Kefira a mudblood, the professor wouldn't even look in her direction. He didn't call on her, make any snide remarks toward her, and she found it very confusing. She figured that he was going to try and make her life a living hell, but any time that he even attempted to glance over in her direction, he quickly looked away. She had to wonder if Neville had something to do with it because the Potion's master wasn't even up to his usual tauntings of him either.

But while Professor Snape seemed to leave the two of them alone, the Gryffindor Quidditch team seemed to be at the man's wrath. They were finally given permission to practice again, however, Kefira heard from Angelina that Professor Snape was booking the quidditch pitch so much for the Slytherin team that it was difficult for the Gryffindors or any other team to schedule practices for that matter.

Not to mention the Slytherin team was taking it into personal matters, attacking the Gryffindor team in the corridors. It had left Alicia Spinnet with the bushiest brows that Kefira had ever seen, to the point where they were invading the girl's face and long enough to enter her mouth. But when it was brought up to the Head of the Slytherin house the man made every excuse to claim that the Slytherin team was doing no such thing.

As much as Kefira wanted to interfere, she just couldn't be bothered to talk to Professor Snape anymore. She had tried numerous times, she had given him multiple chances to redeem himself, not only in her eyes, but in the eyes of all the other students, but he didn't. It was useless, she would only continue wasting her time trying to fight for something that just was not going to happen. With Godric's advice of choosing her battles wisely, she had to just let it go.