Chapter 4

-----Ash's POV----- 

When the movie was done Cyrus and I started our walk home. Cyrus was being unusually quiet so I asked him "Cyrus are you okay? You're being really quiet." 

"Yeah I'm okay Ash," Cyrus said with a sad smile, "I'm just thinking about some stuff." He ruffled my hair and kept walking. 

"Was the movie too scary for you?" I asked teasingly, trying to lighten the mood, "Don't worry, I would never let someone murder my weapon!" He didn't say anything, just kept walking in silence. Did I do something to make him mad at me?  

When we finally made it home Cyrus went straight to his room without saying a word to me. I got ready for bed and decided I should check on him before I went to sleep. I opened the door to his room and saw that he was lying in his bed facing away from the door. His shoulders were shaking and it looked like he was crying. I walked into his room and laid down beside him. I didn't say anything, just put my arms around him. He didn't say anything either. 

-----Cyrus' POV----- 

When we left Maka's house I couldn't look at Ash. I was mad at her. I didn't even have a good reason, it just pissed me off seeing her acting so friendly and flirty towards Soul and Kid all night. She tried joking with me but I just couldn't bring myself to say anything back. When we finally got home I went to my room without saying a thing to her. I striped down to my boxers and laid in bed, and I cried. It's embarrassing, I cried over a girl I knew didn't feel the same way as me, I knew she loved me, but not the way I wanted her to. After a couple of minutes of lying there I heard my door open. Ash walked into my room and, without saying a word, crawled into bed next to me.  

Ash fell asleep almost instantly, I could hear her soft, slow breath in my ear. I tried to fall asleep, but the feeling of her body right up against mine was too distracting. I wish I had gone to bed with my shirt on, everywhere her skin touched mine felt like it was on fire, it felt good, but was distracting. More than anything I wish I could kiss her. I turned around and looked at her face. When she was awake she was beautiful, but when she was asleep she was downright angelic.  

I lightly traced my thumb across her cheek, I know it was kind of creepy to be touching her like that while she was sleeping, but I wasn't doing anything weird or perverted. Her pale skin had so many freckles on it that you could only see if you were up close. I felt a small amount of joy that I was probably the only guy who had been close enough to her face to see them. I leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips, I whispered very softly "I love you Ash." Then I laid back down and was finally able to fall asleep.  

-----Ash's POV----- 

I woke up to the sound of the door bell. "Cy, wake up!" I lightly shook him. 

"Shut up..." Cyrus mumbled, "I was having a good dream." 

"Can you go get the door? I look like I just got out of my grave." I asked him nicely. 

"Go get it yourself," He spat out, "It's probably one of your admirers." 

"Geez, fine." I got up and walked to the front door, standing behind it was Soul and Maka. 

"Hey Ash!" Maka said with a friendly smile, "Aren't you coming to school today?" 

"Oh shit! I totally forgot about school! I'll go wake Cyrus up!" 

"Can we wait here for you guys to get ready so we can all walk to school together?" Soul asked, 

"Well if you want, you can." I replied, "But we'll probably be late then. Cy and I still have most of our clothes packed up." 

"That's cool, we'll wait. I don't mind being late." Soul said with a smirk. 

"Oh, I don't want to be late, we might get into trou-" Right as she was about to finish her sentence Cyrus came out to the entrance wearing just his boxers. I don't want to be creepy, but he is built. I totally understand why she couldn't finish her sentence with Cyrus standing there. 

"What are you two doing here?" Cyrus asked irritably. When he wakes up, he is the grumpiest person you will ever meet. 

"We forgot about school, Cy! They came here to remind us! Also... Why aren't you wearing any clothes?"  

"Wha-?" Cyrus mumbled and looked down, "I forgot that I wasn't wearing any clothes!" He said as he ran back to his room. 

Maka let out a nervous laugh, "Wow, he looks even better without clothes on!" Soul and I gave Maka a dirty look. I know it's probably weird for me to feel this way, but I hate when other girls comment on how good Cyrus looks, "What it's true! I actually don't mind waiting for you two to get ready, just hurry!"