Chapter 1

"Ash!" Cyrus yelled from the top of the DWMA stairs, "Hurry up, I don't want to be late on our first day!"

"I'm coming! Calm down, Cyrus. I have a ton of bruises from that fight with the kishin yesterday."

"Don't be a wimp!" Cyrus teased as he ran on ahead of me.

I was not at all excited about my first day, I don't think I need to go to some fancy school. I had been a great meister and Cyrus had been a great weapon without any schooling. My parents had taught us everything we needed to know, but when my parents were killed fighting a kishin, I was left in the care of my parent's best friends, Cyrus' parents, and they insisted that we come to school here.

I finally made it to the top of the stairs and saw Cyrus talking to a girl with green eyes and pigtails and a boy with white hair and red eyes. The red eyes were a little bit creepy.

"Ash," Cyrus said, "This is Maka and her weapon Soul."

"Hello!" I said as I forced a smile of my face, "I'm Ash."

"Hi!, are you the weapon or meister?" Maka asked.

"Meister, Cyrus is the weapon. He's a sword." I replied.

"A sword? That's pretty cool." Soul said as he finally looked up at me for the first time. I saw a small blush come across his face. "Erm, I-if you follow me, uh I mean us," he said as he quickly glanced at Maka "we'll show you to your first class."

"Yeah," Maka agreed, "Lord Death asked us to show you two around, you have all the same classes as us so this will be fun!"

"Well then lead the way!" Cyrus said with his signature smile on his face.

Well maybe this school won't be too horrible, we've already found two people who seem really nice and Soul is kinda cute...