I'm Worse than Bad - Chapter 2

ENJOY THIS CHAPTER :D

I tilted my head to the right to hear someones feet softly dragging against on wood above me. He's awake. I walked out the door and slammed it shut behind me, making sure it created a hollow echo sound inside the cold dark house. Right on cue, I heard a groan behind me, "Really Tamryn?"

"Serves you right to go out and get drunk when you just got laid off the navy." I responded. David would of course, he was always fond of burying his troubles in sex and alcohol. Always the one to run away when things get rough – but who am I kidding? We all are running.

"Fuck up."

"David! Phone!" my father yelled from downstairs. David groaned again. I rolled my eyes and ran down the steps quickly, and as predicted I could hear the pounding footsteps of a 23 year old man behind me. I smirked and wondered who was on the phone. Who could it be? We only just moved in a few weeks ago.

"Tamryn!" David yelled as he watched me skid through the kitchen and grab the phone off my father. He tried to make a grab for my hoodie but I quickly dodged his hand and punched his throat. His hazel eyes opened in surprise and his hands went straight to his throat.

"Hello?" I greeted through the phone, with sweetness but my smile soon dropped once I heard the voice say my name in confusion. I didn't need any more confirmation on who was on the phone. I hung up. I didn't need to hear her voice, "You tell that woman if she ever calls this house again, I won't be just visiting her brother." I warned David.

"You've done enough to that family." He choked out in reply, while rubbing his neck.

I shook my head, "Clearly I haven't done enough to that family if she's suddenly calling this particular house. The house we just moved into. If she so much as talks to you, tell her that even though we're in a total different country, I can still make things happen in her direction," I gave David a look, "And I meant it in a bad way. Don't think I will go back to cut things off. Permanently." I warned David and walked away in anger. You would expect an ex-navy to know better but he didn't. You would also expect an ex-navy to obey orders when it's being dished out. What good would he have been if he stayed in the Navy? But then again, what kind of good was he doing here too? Nothing.

David wasn't the brightest boy in the box but he wasn't unintelligent. He did have a head on his shoulders, but he rarely used it. Such a waste. "You need to stop meddling with people's lives Tamryn. If you keep doing this, you'll only bring yourself to an early grave." David shouted as I walked out the back door.

I smirked, "Oh smile sunshine." I said over my shoulders and with that I closed the door behind me. I paused for a moment and took in the scenery of my backyard. It was big enough to throw a party – which I have been thinking about. It'll be good to get in with the neighborhood, mingle with these people and see how things work. 

The grass was beautifully green and freshly cut by the previous owners before we moved in. The reason why I chose this house for us to move into was because it was spacious. The house had an old vintage theme going on; the timber had seen better days. It was an old house with a lot of history, so many stories, so many ghosts; enough for you to feel the whispers of lost secrets. It may have been old but it was never neglected. Inside, the floors were polished, the carpet still looked brand new and the walls were still a healthy brown. No spot was rotten and no floor boards needed re-work. It was just like any other house only thing was, was that this house had history and it wasn't new. But that wasn't the main reason why I chose the house. It had a large balcony out on the second floor in front of one room in the house. That's what sold me. It was perfect and I got father to buy the house while we were still in America. I walked off the veranda from our backyard and walked towards the front of the house smiling because I could hear David stomping inside the house angrily and exactly as I thought he ripped open the front door and swore at me. I laughed as I walked away.