Coming Home

"I'm Tate. You've hit your head pretty hard. You need rest." the strange boy replied. I frowned, "I already slept for, like...." I actually didn't know how long I had been unconcious. "You've been out for about 3 hours." Tate answered the question for me, raising his eyebrows. "That's not ver-" He cut me off, "Sh!" I listened. I heard. "I'm afraid she is lost to sea, Mrs Taylor." A male's voice said softly. Mum! I had to get out of here and to her. To reassure her I wasn't dead. Too late! She started sobbing, hysterically. "Let me out!" I hissed to Tate, looking around the completely dark, seemingly exitless cave. "No! You mustn't! You don't understand! The police are after me for something I've done! Something forgiveness  can't make better!" Tate looked desperate. "I'll pretend that you weren't in here. I promise that whatever you have done stays in my head. I will not tell them that you were here." Tate looked unsure but I pleaded and pleaded while the sound of sobbing died down outside the cave. He sighed and finally answered my constant pleading, "I will be alone again for sometime but alright." I could tell he regretted letting me go. I felt sorry for him. Thinking about it, I said, "I'll make a deal. If I come and visit every day I can, will you let  me go?" Hopefully, I wished, he will agree. "Gladly." he replied and smiled.

He stood and I followed, to the exit of the cave. "Now instead of rolling halfway through the sea and knocking your head on all the jagged rocks in the ocean, I'll show you a secret passageway to go through." "Don't exaggerate! I did not roll halfway across the bloody ocean!" I frowned, jokingly. He laughed and it sounded like tinkling bells. Leading me through a narrow tunnel, he disappeared and I looked around desperately. Keep on walking, I thought. Sure enough, I arrived on a street which was familiar enough to find my way home. 

I knocked on the front door, my clothes damp and ripped. Mum answered and stared, looking like she had seen a ghost. "B-bel?" She stuttered, shocked and unsure that it was actually me. "Yes, Mum!" I ran and hugged her. She put her arms around me, still staring at me, suspiciously. I ran into the lounge and hugged Liddy, whose eyes red and swollen from crying. She stared too. "Oh, come on people! Isn't anyone happy to see me?" Mum suddenly snapped out of her little daydream, "Bel! It is you!" I rolled my eyes, "Finally! Someone with common sense!" I muttered. "Where have you been? You're all wet!" She fussed. "Ahem! I almost drowned in the ocean..." I replied. "Bel!" Liddy snapped out of shock and jumped off the couch to hug me. "Liddy..." I said, very unenthusiastically. "Bel! Where have you been?!" She exclaimed, eyes wide. "In the ocean," I repeated, plainly. "Um... I'm going to have a shower and go straight to bed," I frowned, wriggling my way out of the questions. "Of course!" Mum and Liddy called simultaneously after me. Running up the stairs, I showered and went to bed.