Broken Promise

School the following day was bad. Very bad. Ama still sent me nasty messages and I continued to ignore them. But she found a way to wriggle back into my thoughts. 

While I was in the toilets, Ama and her, now even larger, gang strode in. "Hey! The rumourer is back in town!" Ama smirked. "Why don't you keep your thoughts to yourself, Ama?" She frowned and came up with her comeback, "Little Bel-bel has to hide for the day to recover from her 'accidents'." She talked in the same tone some people might talk to babies. "Shut your mouth if you don't have anything nice to say, Ama." I spoke calmly, but on the inside I was all fluttering butterflies. "Why don't you, Isobelle?" She glared, challenging me. I hated Isobelle. I stepped up, glaring angrily at her. The next thing I knew, she had punched me in the face and I was knocked out. There were cheers from the rest of the gang. I blacked out.

For the second time in two days, I became unconcious.

When I woke it was dark. About 10 at night. I realised something. I had promised to see Tate this afternoon but it was too late now. Poor him, all alone in that dark cave. But what was he so worried about with the police? I was determined to get that out of him as soon as I could.

Sleeplessness swept over me and I fell back to sleep. I dreamt while I sleptI dreamt of a happy life, living on an exotic deserted island with Tate... and without Ama or her gang. But sadly, when I woke again, a dream was only a dream.