Her Decision!!

Khushi POV
Another morning...another day. But things have transformed so drastically. Everyone was sitting quietly at the breakfast table. However, no one had anything to share today. And I was...I was trying to find my way on the land after being drowned for 4 months. Even though we had a contractual relation still Arnavji's family was not at fault here. They too were manipulated like me. I felt no grudges towards them. Because they were unaware of the truth.

"Why is everyone so silent today. Di are you not going for your prayers? And Nanheji, don't you have any internet ideas to share about life and love?"

Anjali POV
My sister in law is so sweet. She is trying so hard to cheer everyone. I should not be depressive. If Khushiji can be so optimistic in life then why not me.

"You are right Khushiji. Its a new bright morning today. All of us should forget about the dark night. Devi Maiyya has given us all a beautiful chance to live a peaceful life. We should cherish it. And yes I will be going with Nani to the temple this evening."

NK POV
It is crystal clear that Nannav spoke to Khushiji. Her fake smiles cant hide the pain in her eyes. I hope my brother brings back her happiness.

"Ofcourse Khushiji. You and Di are absolutely right. And yes I do have something to share with you guys. Do you know that I have found a makeup product that can make your face glow for lifelong?" I winked at everyone knowing very well how Massiji will react.

Mami POV
"Hello Hi Bie Bie...permanent glowaa on my facewa...what kind of product is this bitwa...I will buy it soon."

Third person POV
And just like that everyone started to laugh and became more positive about the coming future.

Arnav POV
I had a really important meeting today. I couldnt talk to Khushi this morning. She was sleeping when that idiot Aman called me to inform about this client. Everyone was in the conference discussing the results of the meeting. But my mind was somewhere else altogether.

Flashback
"Thank you so much for telling me the reason for this marriage...oh my mistake this contractual deal...."

"..do not make the mistake of associating what you feel for me as love. I beg you. Because you are making fun of a such a pure emotion..."

"Then tell me after witnessing half a conversation between two people....why were you so quick to pass a judgement. Did you once try to verify what went wrong?"

Flashback over...

My quick judgement about Khushi has cost me so much. She calls this marriage a contractual deal...she says I made a joke out of the word love...
I have to do something. To make Khushi understand how guilty I am. I want to be a good man for my wife. Today itself I will change things. My repentance starts from now on. This pain and hurt with every single minute will make me realize the importance of trust. I will let her decide our future. She deserves a choice. She deserves all the happiness in this world.

Khushi POV
It was 7 in the evening right now. I kept myself busy doing the daily house chores. It was enough to keep me distracted from thinking about Arnavji. But now when he will come back from the office, I will have to face him. I heard his conversation with Amanji this morning. I knew that an important meeting had caused him to hurry out of our room. I was thankful to Devi maiyya though. Since I had no idea what to say to him today.

My thoughts kept me so occupied that I had failed to realize the fact that Arnavji had arrived home. He entered our room, only to bolt it immediately.
The sound of the bolt brought me back to reality.

"Why did you bolt the room?" I asked anxiously.
"I want to talk to you Khushi. This is important. I know what you are going through and there is only one way to sort this out." He said in a grave tone.

Wow. Another decision taken by Mr. Raizada. My choice still has no room here. Great simply great. He quickly kept his laptop on the recliner and held my hands in his again with utmost care like yesterday. It felt weird not to be manhandled by him. Arnavji made me sit on the bed and himself sat on his knees looking into my eyes, with a lot of pain in his own eyes.

"Khushi I can only apologize to you repeatedly now. Because I am not capable of turning back the time. I wish I could go back to the day I forcefully married you. But things cannot be rectified this way. I really love you Khushi. And I am ready to show my love to you in the right way. Trust, communication and understanding. This time I will make sure that these 3 are a part of my feelings for you. And my repentance will begin with whatever you want and approve of. I will do whatever it takes to woo you. Tell me Khushi, if it is the right thing to do or not? Tell me Khushi should I call my in-laws tomorrow morning? Should I confess in front of everyone about what sin I committed? Answer me Khushi? Becasue justice should be served."
He said with guilt heavily laced in his voice.

Arnav POV
She was quiet for a while. Her silence was killing me. How strange is life. I once hated her for chattering nonstop. And today I crave for her voice.
I know she is pondering over my question. This time even the right thing thing will be done by my girl's approval. I am ready to repent. Help me Ma..just help me become your Chotte.

"Your hands...do they still hurt? This morning you rushed out. I was unable to change your dressing." She is so pure. She is still worried about my wounds. And here I have given her wounds that wont heal...not in this lifetime.

"I am fine Khushi. This is nothing. Your wounds are worse than mine. Atleast mine can be cured." I said in a sad voice.
She stood up from the bed and brought back the first aid box to help me with my wound. She held me by my shoulders and sat me down on the bed. Sitting besides me she did my dressing only to give me my answers.

"Yes. I want this to happen. I want you to confess to our family about the contract. I want my Buaji, to know that I am not the blacksheep of my family inspite of being an adopted child. I want my Amma to know that I did not deserve that slap, which she gave me with so much hatred. I want my in-laws to know that I was never wrong."
Thank god. Atleast I can start somewhere. She has lessened my burden minutely. But what she said next made my world dark. There wont be any light to brighten it now.

"I dont want to feel helpless any longer. I want to breath freely. I dont want to be imprisoned for the next 2 months. I want to live by myself. Away from you and your dominating self. Once the contract thing is revealed I will leave this house. And if you say you love me...show me what true love is. Love also means to let the one you love to go away if it means his/her happiness."
I could see how deeply I hurt her. And no matter what I will give her what she wants. Please Maa..help me...help her.

"Tomorrow. I promise Khushi. You can do whatever you want tomorrow. I will not create anymore problems for you. That is my promise to you. But can I ask for a favor today?Can you sleep on this bed with me? Nothing inappropriate will happen.But please if tonight is your last night here in this room...can I have the chance to watch you sleep one last time?"