Chapter 2

"Wow. Um..... I..... Uh....." I stuttered, feeling exceedingly overwhelmed, more so than I ever have before.

"It's ok, Love. You don't have to say anything yet. Just know I'm always going to be here with you, supporting you, protecting you, and loving you for the rest of our days."

My heart almost stopped, "Loving?" I asked, feeling rushed, we just met! I mean seriously! But I can't deny the satisfied feeling that came from hearing that, but at the same time I'm scared. A lot. What if he turns out to be just like Nicholas, my ex, my abusive ex? I don't think I could stand that type of pain again.

He must have been able to sense my scared, nervousness because he said, "I may have just met you but I am NEVER going to hurt you." I was still partially scared, but I tried to hide it. It must not have worked because he just looked at me, with a look on his face. Maybe hurt? Anger?

"I know that. I know that you will never hurt me," I told him, hoping that it would calm him down.

"I don't know what happened to make you so wary of being loved but I promise, I will always love you."

An awkward silence settled between us and I didn't know how to fix it.

"Uncle Cole!!!!!!!!" I heard four little voices yell in unison.

"Munchkins!!" Cole exclaimed, playfully, as the four little voices run in, in the form of Exie, two other little girls, and a little boy. Cole stood up, just to have all four little people wrapped around his legs, instantly.

"Who's she?" One of the little girls asked, pointing towards me.

"I'm Ava. What's your name?" I ask her, standing up, walking over, and crouching down to their heights.

"I'm Dacy! That's my sister Daley!" She pointed to the other little girl, "She's shy." Dacy whispered in my ear. Daley smiled softly, waving, after detaching herself from Cole's legs.

"I'm Daimon!" The little boy exclaims, from his position wrapped around Cole's leg, Exie around the other leg.

"It's nice to meet y'all," I say, smiling, then looking up at Cole say, "I didn't know you had any brothers or sisters."

"I do. I have one younger sister, but these aren't her kids," he says gesturing to the kids who were now arguing over who I liked best, "The three are actually my cousins, but because I'm older than them they call me Uncle Cole. Exie though is my best friends' baby sister."

Exie, hearing this, exclaims, "I'm not a baby!"

"I know you aren't sweetheart. You're a beautiful young lady, Cole just doesn't see it," I tell Exie, teasing Cole at the same time.

"I do to! It's just that you're so much younger than your brothers," Cole attempts to explain to Exie.

"Ava! Will you come play with us outside? Please?!" Dacy pleads with me.

Um...... Stay in a room with Cole.....Alone.........Or play with very adorable little kids?

"Sure," I say.

"YAY!!!!" Dacy and Daimon exclaim, running out of the room, Exie follows. I look down at Daley and offer her my hand, but instead she lifts her arms, looking like she wants to be held. I pick her up and follow the sound of her siblings and Exie.

"You know you don't have to play with them if you don't want to." I hear from behind me, I see Cole.

Daley tightens her arms around me, shaking her head, "No, you need to play with us."

My expression must have shown my shock because she didn't actually say that, it was only in my head,she is still silent in my arms.

"She linked with you didn't she?" Cole asked, coming closer.

"What's that mean?" I asked, thrown off by the new word.

"Oh, when someone in the pack talks to you in your head. Only it's different with her, she can do it with anyone, and most kids can't link until they shift at sixteen." Cole explained.

"Oh, then, yeah, she linked with me." I looked down at her face, to see her looking up at me, smiling gently.

"You should come play with them," I tell Cole. I want to be near him, just not alone again yet.

"Sure," he says, grabbing my elbow and gently tugging me in the direction the kids had traveled.

The skin that he was touching on my arm tingled, like it was silently begging for more of his touch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow! I never knew kids could be so energetic," I say to myself, but Cole chose to respond.

"Yeah, especially those four, and Exie's mom is pregnant with another one."

"So, when do I get to meet your best friends and sister?"

"Well, you get to meet his sister now." A girl with a black hair, in a pixie cut, with pink and blue tips, says, while sliding down the stair banister.

"Ky, haven't mom and dad told you to stop that?" Cole asked, sounding annoyed.

"Yep!" She exclaimed. "I'm Kyla, Cole's little sister," she said, holding her hand out to me.

"Um... Ava. Nice to meet you." I tell her. I turn to Cole, "So... Can you show me to my room again?" I ask because if I try to get there alone, I will get lost.

"Yeah. It's a good thing you asked because my wolf didn't like how far your room was from mine, so I changed which room was yours."

"Why would your wolf have problems with how far Ava's room is from yours? I mean it's not like she's your-" She paused her questioning for a moment, then, "OMG! SHe's your mate isn't she!?! OMG! This is awesome!" Kyla exclaims, pulling me into a hug.

I hug her back a little shocked by the gesture. "Finally, some one to talk to about my annoying brother," she says laughing