Chapter 4

*MIHIR*

He was waking in the streets of London all alone, making his way to the café where he would meet his uncle. He was now in the city of art, commerce, education, entertainment, finance, tourism, love. Love - The one thing he was sure about when he met Shweta. The reason he fought with his parents and left them behind along with his little brother who looked up to him for almost everything. The reason he thought was enough to get him through his life. Now? He wasn't that sure anymore. And that's why he was visiting London, to get advice from his uncle who has been there for him in all the ups and downs of his life. He walked in the café and saw his uncle already waiting for him there. Every table had small vases with beautiful and fresh flowers in them. The walls of the café were painted yellow and had lots of photo-framed pictures and quotes. Knowing his uncle, he knew that he would pick up a fancy place for them to meet. His uncle was sitting on a table with a huge red umbrella as a protection from sun. He was reading some magazine when Mihir reached and stood up as soon as he sighted his nephew after five long years.

"Namaste Uncle Jay." he said walking up to him and bowing down to touch his feet as per Indian tradition. Jay was his mother's younger brother but preferred being called uncle over mamaji. London had gotten into him. "It's a pleasure to meet you after all these years."

"God bless you." his uncle said placing his hand over his beloved nephew's head.

"Always the formal one." his uncle acknowledged. "C'mon give your old man a hug." he said getting up and opening his arms wide for a hug.

Mihir went for forward to give him a short quick hug and got back to where he was standing. He wasn't really the hugging kind. The only person who he loved to hug was his little angel, Misha. He always felt awkward in a situation like this but thought it'd be rude to say no.

"Have a seat." his uncle said pointing towards the chair opposite to the one he sat on. "So tell me how have you been? Didn't you bring Misha along? How is she doing?"

"Everything is fine and she is back in Mumbai, staying with Maya for a few days." he informed as they both sat down.

"Why didn't you bring her along?" Jay asked handing him the menu on the table. "It would have been a nice holiday for her and I would have certainly loved to see her again. Your aunt certainly would have loved to spoil her for even a day or two."

"I told them I am here on a business trip." he said.

"And you're not?" Jay asked raising his eyebrows. Mihir lying to someone wasn't something that you normally expect from him. He shook his head looking down. He felt guilty for doing so but he wasn't really sure if he should tell the truth and he decided to wait until after the trip.

"Why did you lie to them, son?" Jay asked in disbelief. Out of all people, he never expected this behavior from him.

"Actually I need your help." he informed his uncle, keeping aside the menu.

"Is everything alright?" his uncle asked hoping Mihir wasn't in some serious trouble. But travelling all the way from Mumbai to London without any reason didn't really make much sense.

"I am lost." he sighed. "I don't know what I am doing with my life."

"And why do you think that is?" he asked Mihir. He knew it had something to do with his past with Shweta but asked just to be sure.

"It just didn't work out the way it was supposed to." he said trying to avoid the details. Even though it happened a while back, the thought of it still filled his heart with sadness.