60.

CHASE'S POV

I woke up early this morning, hoping to catch Blake before he went to the warehouse. 
After I shut off my alarm, I quickly pull my t shirt over my head and hurry downstairs as fast as I can. 

By the time I get there I see Blake just standing up from the couch, heading to the front door.

"Wait!!!" 

Fortunately, for me, he turns around when he hears me yell and stops in his tracks, crossing his arms in front of his chest as he waits for me to descend the stairs. 
I finally catch up to him and he stares down at me, annoyed.

"Whatever you want, make it quick. I need to be at the warehouse in an hour." 

"Why don't you let me go with you? Please? I just want to see my family." I beg.

He laughs at me.
I can't say that I didn't almost expect it though.
"Are you kidding me right now?" He asks.

I stay silent and look down at my feet. 
He sighs and quiets his laughing, shaking his head at me.
"Why would I ever take you to the place that holds, not only your family, but your ex girlfriend as well?? I'm not stupid. You'd take them all and run to the cops the second that I turn my back on you."

I shook my head quickly.
"No. No, I promise I wont. Please. Just let me see them."  I ask again.

"Not a chance, Chase. Now I need to go."

I reach out and grab his arm.
"Wait."

He sighs, frustrated now, as he jerks his arm from my hand.
"What now?!"

I clear my throat and take a small step back from him.
"When are you gonna give them back to me? Can you at least tell me that much? You promised."

He rolled his eyes.
"You have zero patience at all. You'll get them back eventually. Now. Goodbye, Chase." 

I didn't stop him this time. I watched as he left the house, slamming the door behind him in frustration. 
I was frozen in my spot, staring down at the spot that he once was in. 

I felt my blood run cold as the realization finally hit me. 

He's not bringing them back. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MARIA'S POV

I don't know how I was able to fall asleep against that cold brick wall, but I guess I did because, the next thing I know I hear a door opening and closing, followed by heavy footsteps. 

I blinked my eyes a few times, trying to see who just came in, but with the lighting being few, it was hard to see. 

It was quiet until there was a small clank of what sounded like plates of food being set down on the floor a few meters away from me. Most likely for Elena, Damon, and Jenna. 

I squinted my eyes again and backed up farther against the wall as a tall figure stands in front of me holding a plate of food. It's only when he bends down to put it in front of me that I see it's my dad. 

All of my anger and fear returns abruptly, and I shove the food away with my food. 

I watch as he leans down to squat in front of me, frowning. 
"I want you to know that, that plate of food right there" he spoke, pointing over the plate.
"Is the only thing you'll get to eat until tomorrow. I would suggest you stop being a brat and take what you get." 

I clenched my teeth.
"Why the hell am I even here? What the hell could you possibly want  with me?"

He chuckled at my anger and shook his head, seeming to find my attitude funny. 
"You really don't get it do you?"

I stayed quiet.

He sighed.
"I don't want anything to do with you at all..." 

Ouch. I won't pretend that doesn't sting a little. 
He must have sensed my brief moment of hurt, as he smirked at me before he continued.

"None of this would have happened if your mother hadn't left me. She really does exaggerate things doesn't she?" He rolled his eyes.

My eyebrows furrowed.
"You mean to tell me, that you kidnapped me, a mother and her two kids.." I spoke, motioning over to Jenna as they all stared at me silently.
"To get back at your ex-wife?? Are you insane?"

He laughed.
"She ruined my entire life. So I think I'm in for a fare chance to mess with her life too."

"Even if it means killing your own kid?"

He stays quiet for a moment or two, looking almost as if he were debating on something in his head, before crossing his arms over his chest and standing back up, towering over me.

"She never did tell you did she?"

"Tell me what?" I shook my head.

He chuckled dryly.
"I would've thought that after I came back on the scene, she would've at least told you the truth."

"Told me what?!" I repeated, raising my voice a bit. 

He smirked, leaning back down to be face to face with me again.

"You're not my kid, Maria."