53.

CHASE'S POV

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. I wasn't about to fight her on staying my girlfriend. It's not fair to her. But on the other hand, what am I supposed to do now??

Blake is gonna kill me, or worse, my family. And there is absolutely no way I'd ever let that happen. They're all I have. 

I curse under my breath as I notice his car in the driveway. All I'm hoping for now is that he's too drunk to notice me or think to ask me about the progress with Maria. Here goes nothing. 
Just like yesterday, I turn the knob on the front door slowly, hoping to stay quiet. I made it inside successfully and without making too much noise. 

"Oh, good. You're home." I heard his deep voice speak as I had turned my back to ease the door shut again. 

I clenched my eyes shut in defeat and gritted my teeth before I let the door fall shut again and slowly turn around.  
"Yeah. So?" 

"I need an update. Jesus, you'd think that after almost a month you would've gotten used to the routine by now." He spat, clearly exasperated. 

I rolled my eyes subtly as not to anger him any further. 
"Well I'm here to report that we've hit a slight bump in the road."

His eyebrows raised. 
"Oh? What kind of 'bump'?" 

"She broke up with me today." 

I kept my head down to avoid his, most likely very upset, reaction. However, I was more than shocked to hear the words that left his mouth.
"Damn. Well what are we gonna do about that?" He asked calmly...too calm almost. 

I shrugged, frustrated.
"I don't know what you're expecting me to do now. I've tried everything and she wants Adam. I don't understand why after all these years you decide now is the time you want to come back into her life and ruin every last bit of happiness she's been able to build up without you." 

He was silent for a moment. Then a sinister smirk spread across his face. I knew that face. Whatever he was about to do, wasn't going to be good at all. 

"I'm so glad I picked today to bring you this." He laughed, shaking his head. 

My eyebrows furrowed.
"Bring me what?"

He turned his head to the side slightly and called down the hallway.
"Travis!!Come out here." 

He turned back to me as I heard a door down the hall open and close, heavy footsteps were heard coming down the hall.
Blake was still smirking at me.
"Think of this as your motivation."

I leaned my body over to be able to see around him just as a large, bulky man rounded the corner with his hand gripping onto the small arm of my baby sister. 
I immediately felt my jaw drop and my eyes widen as I took in her appearance. 

She didn't even look like the same person she was a month or more ago. Her hair was tangled and dirty. Her arms covered in small scratches and a large purple bruise on the upper left side of her forehead. Her clothes were torn and her feet were now bare. 

It took me all of 20 seconds for the reality that my sister was actually standing here in front of me, hurt, scared, crying for help. I snapped back to the present and pushed by Blake, over to her side holding her face in my hands to get her to talk to me. 

"Elena?? Elena! Are you alright?? Did he hurt you??"

I could feel her hot tears on my shirt as I pulled Travis' hand off of her arm and held her in my arms, hugging her as tight as I possibly could.

I felt her mumble an answer into my chest as she cried but it was so soft that I couldn't tell what she said. 

I heard a chuckle from behind me and I turned to see Blake shaking his head and laughing. 
"I'm gonna need you two to wrap this up, can't have her outside for too long." 

"Please. Just let her go." I pleaded, my voice soft from where I was attempted to keep my tears at bay.

I pressed her head closer to my chest, holding her tight as her tears began to slow but her grip on me never let up. 
I watched in agony as Blake nodded his head at Travis over my shoulder and he proceeded to pull Elena from my arms. I watched her kick and yell to try and get away from him, but to no avail. 

I looked up to begin to beg him again to let  her go but he put his hand up to silence me before I could utter a word.
"When you bring me what I want, then you get what you want. Simple as that."

I dropped my head and let a few tears slip down my cheeks as I had to watch Travis pick her up over his shoulder and carry her out the front door. A few seconds later I heard the engine of a car start up and drive away until  I could no longer hear the roar of the car engine. 

"You'd better hurry now, Chase." He explained, smirk still in place. 

"Your time is running out and I'd hate to find out what happens to your family if you don't go through with our deal."

I stayed silent as he grabbed a bottle of whiskey from the coffee table just a few feet away and walked upstairs, leaving me alone on the couch that now smelt of sweat, alcohol, and smoke, to cry at the thought of never seeing my family again. 

I know I'm going to hell for this, but I don't have a choice. 
I'm sorry Maria.