A hate all around relationship

“Vulcan,” Kinetics voice broke from its usual calm and collected demeanor, showing that he did have some kind of emotion after all, unfortunately that emotion was rage.

“He’s a murderer,” Vulcan replied, his eyes not moving from Conduct. He was holding the Malus by the neck and had managed to lift his former companion off of the ground.

“If you don’t put him down then you will be a murderer too,”

“No, not a murderer, the war is between us and the Malus and it won’t be over until they are all dead, until then everyone on this danger of being killed or worse, becoming the slaves of the Malus, I won’t let that happen,”

“Come on big red,” Conduct wheezed, “take the shot, make my day,”

“Oh I will,” Vulcan snarled through gritted teeth. Just as he began to squeeze Conducts throat however Kinetic leaped forwards, he hit both of them in the chest with enough force to send them both reeling backwards. Before either of them could react both of his hands moved to his temples. As he did this Vulcan felt an invisible force slammed into him, sending him flying through the air.

However Vulcan didn’t hit the ground hard like he had expected, instead everything went black around his vision and he felt himself fall down far slower than usual.

When he did touch the ground again it was feet first instead of on his back as painfully as possible. The darkness receded back to what it had been before and Vulcan could sense someone standing beside him, he looked to find Shade with her arms crossed across her chest, an angry glare on her face directed at Kinetic.

“Thanks,” Vulcan mumbled.

“Don’t mention it,”

A moment later Conduct stepped back into the light flanked by a huge man wearing thick animal furs and despite the warm summer night, his breath fogged up as soon as it left his mouth, like it was almost freezing temperature. In each of the man’s large hands he held a sharp looking icicle.

“How much do you want to bet that’s ice man,” Vulcan asked.

“As much as I would bet your brother is a Malus,” Shade replied.

“Not much then?”

“Nope,”

Conduct cleared his voice, “What the hell are you pulling Kinetic!”

“Nothing, I assure you,” the suited man spoke calmly once again.

“Then what in the giants name were you doing?”

“Nothing, now keep a civil tongue or I will do nothing once again!”

Conduct slouched slightly and looked like he was going to say something when the big man next to him nudged him in the ribs violently.

Conduct snarled at his companion, who didn’t seemed intimidated by the smaller Malus at all.

“Good,” Kinetic turned to Vulcan, “you too Vulcan, unless you want you, or your pretty friend of yours get hurt,”

Vulcan gritted his teeth but didn’t say anything.

“Now, gentlemen and whoever you are shadow girl. Come over here so I don’t have to shout, I don’t want to draw any more attention to us than necessary. The director’s army or “Ultimates” if you are one of the people like Vulcan here,”

As Kinetic spoke the two hostile groups closed in anxiously, Vulcan snorting at Kinetics remark.

“If we are to beat this thing we need to defeat them before they can reach the apex of their power, as a result I have two things for you to each do before we can make our proper stand, Conduct I need you to mobilize whatever resources you can get and get the underworld of this city going again, I want gang’s in the street by the end of the week terrorising the Ultimates, okay forget my previous remark, it’s easier if we use that name since everyone out there in the city already knows it,” Kinetic used his arms to indicate the whole of Sar city around them.