Chapter Six: Caitlin's Letter to Nate.

PLEASE DO REMEMBER THAT THIS STORY IS ORIGINALLY TYPED AND WRITTEN BY KRISTINE ONG.

INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES

[Republic Act No. 8293]

AN ACT PRESCRIBING THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CODE

AND ESTABLISHING THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OFFICE,

PROVIDING FOR ITS POWERS AND FUNCTIONS, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.

Chapter Six: Caitlin's Letter to Nate.

The day after I read his letters and watched his mixed tapes, I went to the cemetery to visit Nate and give him something that I know he can't touch but I am sure that he can read. I grabbed a purple paper and a blue envelope which is our favorite colors. Mine is purple and his was blue and started to write my letter for him.

Nate,

    For three years, you have been the only exception in my life. Good, bad and ugly, you were the man I looked to when I needed one. I have learned to forgive and love because of you. I am glad to have you. You welcomed me into your life like a surprise blindfold of hands and our smiles shared an uncomfortable moment of grattitude and love. Although groggy and weak, your voice took me back to a place that is difficult to return, and I am surprised how strong a woman I've become. Knowing you will not leave the hospital and hearing how scared you are, is like seeing an accident on the highway and helpless to do anything about it. Right before you hung up the phone when the last time we talked, I told you "I know you will feel comfortable and good hearing this, I love you!" I could hear you smile as my tears tickled in my cheeks, knowing that would be the last time I would hear your voice. There was a soft, quiet moment on the line. I held my breath as you wrapped my words around your heart. Not knowing what you would say, I heard your smile and you replied, "Well that's nice to hear." I know what you meant, and I'll take it.

   Sleep well. I will take care of your mom, dad and siblings and we will rejoice in knowing you are in a place where you can finally open your heart and give love. I'll miss you. I love you so much.

                                                                                             Remembering and loving you always,

                                                                                                                          Your Caitlin.

After giving Nate my last letter for him, I prayed and left his grave. In my heart, he'll stay. In my heart, he'll always be remembered.