Chapter 2

I haven't gone through to edit it or anything, but here is chapter 2. Sorry it took forever, for those who have been waiting :P 

Chapter 2

I woke up to the alarm on my phone, and dreaded the day to come. About twenty minutes passed and I finally dragged myself out of bed. After brushing my teeth and braiding my hair to the side, I put on a pair of skinny jeans, a white v-neck, a cardigan and went downstairs.

Since the move I haven’t really spoken with my parents. Not because I don’t want too, but simply because they are never around. As soon as I entered the kitchen, I saw that they were sitting at the breakfast table. My dad was doing his usual morning routine, drinking coffee from his favorite Starbucks mug and reading the newspaper while my mom was drinking some form of herbal tea and texting away on her iPhone. When they heard me walk in, they didn’t even look up from what they were doing until I sat down at the table with them. My dad was the first one to talk.

“Aren’t you going to eat anything Autumn?” He said.

“No, I’m not hungry.” I replied. That’s when my mom looked up at me from her phone and started talking.

“You’re not going anorexic on us are you??” She looked me straight in the eye. Being the sarcastic person that I am, I responded with, “yes mom, that is exactly what I’m doing,” and rolled my eyes. My mother and I have never been close, I was always closer with my father than her because it seemed like she never had time for me. Dad was the one who was there for me the first time I got my heartbroken and cheered me up by joking and saying that he had gotten the guns ready and the car started. Mother was always too busy “working late.”

Before mom could respond, I got up and walked out the door and made sure to slam it real hard. I got in my car and started driving to school. Once I arrived, I didn’t get out of my car right away. Instead I pulled out my iPhone and checked my text messages. I hardly ever use the thing, so I was surprised when I had eleven messages; each one from Ruby. Most of the texts were the same, “Call me Autumn!” or something similar. I sent her a quick text saying, “Sorry, I’ve been busy. Call you when I can.” And then got out of my car and began walking into school.

My second day of school was pretty much the same as my first, minus running into another locker. I made sure to keep my distance this time. I realized that Gabe was in my Pre-Calculus class so I actually had someone to sit and talk with for that class period. We actually talked the entire time, since there was a substitute teacher and we weren’t assigned much work.  I sat with him and his friends at lunch again and we all laughed the whole time. And for the first time since we moved down here, I felt happy. Gabe and his friends were so friendly that I didn’t even feel like the new girl, I felt like we had all been friends for forever.

When the bell rang, signaling that the school day was over, I began walking to the front entrance of the school to leave. When I reached the lobby I caught a glance of Gabe talking to a girl who I recognized to be the snobby rich girl from my American Government class. I suppose he saw me too, because he said one last thing to the girl and began walking towards me with a huge smile upon his face. I couldn’t help but smile back, because his smile was so adorable and contagious.

“Autumn! I have a question!” he said when he reached me.

“And I have an answer.” I replied.

He smiled and then asked, “A group of us are going to see a movie tonight, and I was wondering if you would like to come with us?”

“Sure, count me in.” I replied with a smile. I didn’t have anything better to do tonight anyways. I would have been spending my Friday night home alone with my cat and a sappy movie.

“Awesome! We’re meeting up at 7 at the QuickTrip that has the McDonalds attached to it, you know where that’s at right?”

“Yeah.” I replied.

“Great! Well I’ll see you tonight then, bye!” He said, and then walked off.

“Bye!” I replied and started walking to my car with a huge smile on my face.