Chapter 1

A book i wrote my freshman year of high school. I found it last night, and decided to type it up and post it :)

Chapter 2 will be up by tonight.. hopefully :)

also- it's called Untitled because i have yet to think of a title for it. haha let me know if you have any ideas, I'll consider them :)

let me know what you think!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 1

“Take a deep breath and just walk in,” I kept telling myself as I stood in front of the high school doors that I will now be walking through for the last year of my high school life.  As I walked into the school, I looked around hoping that maybe one of my friends from my old school would magically show up, which of course isn’t even possible when the distance between Preston Ridge High, the new school, and East Campton, the old school, is almost over 600 miles apart.  

Just walking into the school made me realize how different things would be here. First things first, East Campton was huge with about 1000 students in each grade, at Preston Ridge, there were 1000 people total, maybe not even that many.  Another thing that was noticeable right off the bat, Preston Ridge is the rich school. I walked by girls wearing fancy tops from a designer I’ve never even heard of, some even wore heels and had their long blonde hair in loose curls.  As for me?  I had on skinny jeans, some cute sandals I got for a good deal, and a plain black tee, and my hair? My red locks were pulled into a side ponytail. 

I closed my eyes, took in a breath and began walking to my first class of the day. Pre-Calculus.

My first couple of classes went better than I had planned.  Of course you have the people who constantly stare at “the new kid” for the first couple of minutes, but other than that everyone seemed pretty friendly.  “Maybe this school won’t be so bad after all,” I thought to myself.  

Then came lunch.  Oh the joy of being the new kid and not having anyone to sit with.  Dreading the moment when I would have to walk in and eat by myself, I decided to “explore” Preston Ridge High. 

While looking for the library, I locked eyes with the most handsome guy I had ever seen in my life, he smiled at me and I started to smile back but was interrupted when I ran into an open locker and fell straight to the ground.  The guy whose locker I had ran into laughed for a couple seconds, then eventually helped me back to my feet. 

“You okay?” He asked laughing.

“I guess so..” I replied, holding the palm of my hand against my forehead.

“Do you bruise easily?” He said smiling.

“Like a cantaloupe,” I replied with a smile.

“The names Gabe, you new here?”

“Autumn, and yeah” 

“Ah, I know the feeling, I was the new kid just last month.  You going to eat lunch today, or does running into more lockers sound more appealing to you?” He said, smiling and began walking to the lunch room, motioning for me to follow him.

Before I began following him, I looked over to where the handsome guy who made me run into Gabe’s locker was standing earlier, but he wasn’t there.. In fact, the halls were completely empty.  

Lunch wasn’t as bad as I thought either.  Gabe and I ate together, along with some of his friends whom he introduced me too the second we walked up to the table. They were all super nice and really talkative, which I didn’t mind one bit because it made lunch go by super quick. When the bell rang, clearly stating lunch was over, Gabe looked at me and asked what my next class was.  At that moment, I realized how cute he was.  He had a buzz cut, like the guys in the army have, and these amazing green eyes which stood out due to his green shirt.  He also had a really nice smile, like a movie stars smile, pearly white and super straight. He was tall and well built.