hiding sickness

I woke up this morning feeling like shit. I dragged my body to take a bath barely making it there and looked myself to the mirror. I was pale and my eyes where bloodshot, but I had to get better fast because today was movie day with my brother Michael and his buddies. So, I had to present myself in the living room in an hour not looking a little bit sick. I took my time to bath, hoping it will make me feel better but my stomach kept hurting and making weird noises. After I finished my bath I dressed causal and put light make up and blush to make me look more alive and cover my dark circles. Suddenly I felt the need to throw up and so did I. Last nights and evenings eating's were out and after ten minutes I felt my stomach ease up a little. I leant my head at the bathroom wall and tried to compose myself when I heard the front door open. Well shit.

<< Jorjia , we're homeee!!!, come downstairs to help with food>>

Only to the mention of food my stomach made another flip and I rubbed it to make it stop. I walked downstairs and found my brother Ashton, Luke and Calum welcoming me with a group hug.

<<We missed you sweetheart it's been a while>> what a classic thing for Calum to say

<<It's been only two weeks Calum>> I teased him

<< It's long enough for me, now shut up sweetheart>>

I helped them make pop corn and pizzas and put some beers to freeze up at the refrigerator. I felt a lot worse but I didn't want to worry them for something as childish as a stomachache. Also they were doctors so I didn't want them all doctor mode on on me. I had enough of that the last couple of years especially from my brother and I didn't want them to behave like I'm a five year old every time I'm sick. I'm 18 for fuck's sake. I could ever drink beer but they wouldn't let me because apparently I'm a child for 25 year olds.

We ended up all at the big couch and Luke placed insidious to watch. Of course he would pick a horror movie, it's Luke.

<< Hey Jorja here have some pizza it's a little far from where you are>> Aston shoved a slice of pizza in a plate in front of me. My stomach went upset just from the smell.

<<Nah, thanks Ash I ate earlier I'm not in the mood right now>> I said and all their eyes were on me.

<< What's wrong Jorja you never reject food even though you're full>> Michael asked me. Well what did you expect Jorja? He's your fucking brother of course he knows you. As time went it was becoming more and more difficult to hide it from them that I'm sick.

<<Gee thanks Michael for saying that every time you see me I eat>>

I decided that it was easier if I played that I was angry with them so that they will not talk to me so much. By now half of the movie was done but I was too tired to keep my eyes open and be scared with the thriller in front of me. I was more focused at the excruciating pain from my head and stomach. I closed my eyes and my head fell on Luke's shoulder

<<Lie down in my lap if you want love>> he told me. I took the offer and laid down with my head over his legs. He started petting my head and my face and I tried keeping my eyes open but I lost the battle and sleep overcame me.

Lukes Pov

By the time Jorja's head fell on my shoulder I knew something was wrong. She has never lost a minute of a movie but this time she kept her eyes closed for a while before opened them again. When I started petting her hair I noticed the heat coming from her. I sneakily touched her forehand with my hand and my suspicions confirmed. She was burning up. I let her be for the time being and waited for her to sleep.

<<Hey guys??>> I whispered in order not to wake hr up

<< Why are you whispering??>> Calum said as loud as he could. She moved a little in my lap but thankfully she didn't wake up.

<< SHHHH, it's Jorja , she's sleeping>>

<<What do you mean she's sleeping? She has never slept during a movie>> Ashton said

<<Exactly my point, I touched her forehead and she's burning up >>

<<I knew something was wrong! Well let her sleep for now, and when she wakes up we should do a full exam to see what's wrong>> Michael said.

By the time the movie ended Jorja was still asleep in my lap. Ashton went to bring the medical bag from the side of the door where he left it. For some reason he always brings his medical bag everywhere he goes, but I'm not going to complain this time.

He brought out a thermometer and put it on Jorjas ear carefully, but apparently she felt it because she immediately woke up and looked at us with a startled expression

Jorjas Pov

<< What do you want guys? >> I asked my friends and brother who were standing all around me staring at me like damn freaks. I heard Michael sigh.

<< Baby, we know you're sick and we're going to check on you>> he said

<< NO!!!>> I yelled trying to stand and make a go for it but as soon as I stood and made it three steps to the stairs black spots appeared in my vision making me sway dangerously but thankfully someone caught me on time and placed me not so forcefully back on Luke's lap before tapping my cheek lightly trying to get a reaction from me I suppose. I felt another pair of hands touching the inside of my wrist feeling for a pulse but I was too weak to protest. I could barely keep my eyes half open.

<<Jorja? Hey? Can you hear me? >> Calum asked.

<<mhm>> was all I could say. Calum muttered something under his breath while placing the thermometer back in my ear waiting for it to pop. They looked at it with wide eyes.

<< Why didn't you tell us you where sick at the first place? >> Michael asked angered by my behavior. I moaned in pain as an answer<< Are you kidding me Jorja ? You understand the seriousness of the situation? How sick you are? How many things could have happened to you if we didn't luckily found out? >> As Michael scolded me big time, someone got him away to calm him down.

<<I'm sorry>> I whispered but it was too weak I didn't think Michael heard but he did. Michael sighed before pulling me into a hug.

<<You're going to let me and the guys exam you to make you feel better now okay? >> I nodded my head not knowing what else to do. It was too late to keep it hidden anymore.<<Okay buddy, it seems like you're running a pretty high fever which cause you to almost pass out , I'm going to check your breathing as Ashton is going to check your eyes ears mouth and nose ok?>> Calum spoke

I nodded again not wanting to make the situation worse

<<Take some deep long breaths for me >> I did as I was asked and after a few minutes I was done

<<Okay lay down now, I'm going to press a little to your stomach>>

I was so afraid he was going to ask me to do this, and I knew that I had something clearly wrong with my stomach because I threw up and it hurt like hell right now, but again I did as I was asked. Calum pressed in different spots feeling for lumps and other things and when he pressed on a certain spot and the centre of my stomach I cried out in pain, turned my head to the right side of the couch and spilled the rest of the contents of my stomach on the carpet. I immediately started crying while Michael helped me clean up and hugged me providing some comfort.

<< Well looks like you have a serious stomach infection Jorja, you're going to have a shot to help it go down>>

I wasn't a fun of needles but in this case I didn't have a choice. So I let them do their job. For the rest of the night they took care of me to help the fever go down and asked me continuously if I needed anything. I loved seeing that they care about me so much and I felt guilty for hiding my illness but they had already forgotten and after a few days I was as well as new.

                                              1492 words