Chapter 2- No Matter Where

It has been a week since I received the news at the competition concerning the scholarship. I am in my room packing for the next year I will spend in Chicago. I spent the past week hanging out with my friends, especially my teammates from the dance company. I had spent most of the day with them, and now I am relaxing at home.

I finish putting in the last articles of clothing into my suitcase, and I lay out an outfit for tomorrow's travels. I put my suitcases close to my door. I change into my pajamas and lay in my bed, drifting off to sleep.

The next morning I wake up to the sound of my phone's alarm. I check my phone seeing it's 6 am. I get out of bed and head into the bathroom. I get into the shower. Once I'm out of the shower I pack up my toiletries and head back into my room to get dressed.

I head downstairs, and I am surprised of what I see. I look and see my parents having breakfast at the table in the kitchen.

"Good morning, honey," calls my mom.

My dad nods in my direction, not looking up from his newspaper.

"Good morning," I reply.

What is my family doing having breakfast together at the table? This never happens.

"Why are you doing up so early?" asks my mom.

Oh no. I realize I have not told my family about my scholarship to study dance in Chicago.

"Guys, there's something that I should tell you," I start. "I have been awarded a scholarship to study dance in Chicago," I explain. "I will be gone a year, but this is a great opportunity for me," I finish.

"Well, that's great sweetie," my mom responds. "So when do you leave?" my mom asks.

"Um... today," I say hesitantly.

"WHAT? TODAY?" both of my parents screamed.

"My plane leaves at 9," I reply. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner," I continue. "It's just that I haven't seen you all week, so I didn't know when and how to tell you," I explain.

"We'll leave at 7 for the airport," says my dad, as he finishes his coffee, walking into my parents' room.

"Honey, how could you keep this from us?" asks my mom. "We would have supported you," says my mom.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, but you guys are always so busy; I didn't want to bother you," I reply.

"I just wish you would've told us sooner, but Jas, we're so proud of you," my mom says.

"Thanks for understanding," I reply.

"Let's get going," my dad says as he walks out of the bedroom.

My dad grabs my suitcases and loads them in the car. The three of us get into the car and drive to the airport in silence, except for the quiet background music playing in the car.

Once we get to the airport, I get my suitcases checked in and wait in the area before security check. My parents are there and so is my dance team.

"We're really going to miss you," says Eleanor.

"Yeah, what are we going to do without one of our strongest dancers?" asks Liam.

The whole team tells me how much they're going to miss me, and I promise them I will keep in touch with them. I say we can talk everyday, and I'm going to give them updates about the dance academy in Chicago.

I feel someone pressing against my back, and when I turn around I see Harry.

"Hey," he says.

"Hi," I reply back.