A gold city-Chapter seven

There was the city of Goldenville, the legendary city that was raised tens of thousand years ago, before Balons conquest. The large front gates embroidered with gold flowers, draped with golden designs and made pretty for anyone who came in peace. But for the ones who tried to breach it saw the most unpleasant things stand large before them, they decided the voyager's fate. A large stone phoenix sat above the gates that had never been breached. The phoenix represented house Dane. The Danes held them on their banners when they rode into war. For ten thousand years the Danes manned the gold mines beneath the city they built, which made them the richest family in Vygas. The Danes had always been the most loyal to the Alards. There wasn’t a single war fought by the Alards that didn’t have Dane banners in their ranks, ever since King Balon Alards death. Bryce’s men could hear the cold wind behind them, and the cracking fire torches on the wall. A loud noise began to screech and echo; the gates started to open before the Black Army. A warm gust of air blew at the men. A knight wearing gold armor then escorted King Bryce and his brother up to the castle, seven knights followed to act as guards for the moment. The castle remained large, old and built of white and grey stone. Its towers disappeared into the darkness as they scraped the sky. The Danes named it Rylarth after the great white dragon Ralf, the mighty Dane defeated thousands of years ago before the age of Balon.

When the prince and king entered into the great Rylarth, the golden knight escorted the men into the great hall.

 Lord Simon Dane sat upon a small throne. His head was roofed in grey hair, it came down to the old mans shoulders. His face held wrinkles, his sad eyes where white and dead like the full moon. His gold cape that he sat on poured off of the throne and onto the marble stage.

 Beside him stood the heir to Goldenville, Elinor Dane and his twin brother, Martin Dane. They both wore the same gold armor, their capes a white silk, and their black hair came down to the middle of their spines. The one who stood on the right, Elinor, had a cut beneath his eye; it fell down to his jaw like it was a teardrop. It remained a custom for the Danes to mark one of their twin children for recognizing purposes, ever since three thousand years ago.

 “King Bryce, and Prince Isaac.” The golden knight announced. He held his hand out while the trace of his voice stayed presence in an echo.

“I never thought I’d see you grown,” the ghost voice of Simon Dane echoed through out the throne room, while kings small party had made it to the three steps that lead up to the thrones marble stage. The room echoed again but this time it was the kings voice “Lord Simon” he bowed his head. “I come to Vygas to sit upon the throne of my ancestors. I’m afraid its not possible with out the Dane banners in our ranks, we lost ten thousand men at Deaths Cave, our numbers are running low,”

“Ah, say no more” the old man cut him off “We’ll have twenty thousand waiting for you by the end of the week” he leaned forward “Now I’ve heard you’ve got the great Verioth in your ranks, is that true?” Simon asked. Bryce bowed his head, “you are very kind, lord Simon.” He lifted his head up and looked at him “you heard true, the beast should work to our advantage this time,”

“Hah!” Simon made another echo. “I never thought I’d see the day,” he laughed “My two sons will be honored to fight beside you in battle.” he then said, then sat back to rest in his throne. “I am most grateful, when the war is over you will be rewarded handsomely,” King Bryce said. “Oh, I’ll be in the dirt by the end of your war, my days our clearly numbered,” a ragged chuckle echoed after Lord Simon’s two hundred year old voice filled the room, he smiled and began to cough, making the room echo again “But see to it that the Dane who lives on be rewarded.” His voice became soft and lost like a whisper. “I promise.” King Bryce boldly confessed.