The ringing steel-two

(The ringing steel)

Bryce went on to the balcony; he watched the hideousness of Black Cliff, the dark stone structures and the black roofs that covered the land. Isaac stood beside his brother, looking at the old city as well. Isaac, unlike his brother, stood unsettled and as usual didn’t look focused. He looked at the blue sky, the great cliffs, the ugly beach and the Black City.. “Finally, the time has come.” he said. Silence is what he got in return “King Elis, the coward, still reigns over our city. I say that’s a great thing, we’ll have direct vengeance.” he tried to start a conversation. “Brother, you should pay your respects to the Black Cliff before we set sail, you may never return to the Black Cliff.” Bryce suggested with a calm tone. Isaac twisted his face and looked at the side of his brothers head, “You don’t have to tell me that”

“I don’t mean whore yourself, idiot”

He twisted his face once more “Nonsense, I have other things to do.” He sighed

“What’s that?” Bryce said, but Isaac stayed silent, “Stay away from brothels,”

“I don’t go to brothels, you should know that.”

Bryce began to laugh, Isaac sighed, “I know where this is going, and will not be here to listen,” he turned his back on the old city and spat over the banisters and at the ground below balcony “I hate the Black cliff, I belong in Masonport,” he went back inside, leaving his brother who stood with a smile on his face.

 Isaac left the castle to pay his respects to the city before he left, like his brother suggested, a large cliff sat not far away from the great castle of the Black Cliff. There were three large cliffs that overlooked the old city, The Great Tower, the town’s people called the cliff that held the great castle.

The Fighters Cliff held the old great barracks, and the last held no black buildings, not even a single black brick. It held wooden planks; they were buried deep within the dirt. Isaac put them there, he liked swinging his sword at things, “perhaps Masonport wouldn’t have something like this, the capital is too busy to hold empty fields.” He told himself when he pulled him self over the last rock, then he unsheathed his sword, the steel rung like the cracking lake, that high pitched sound went on until he rested the point on the black rock he stood above, “I love you,” he giggled, it was the first time he pulled his sword that day, and that sound was music to his ears, “if only I could hear it while leading the vanguard in battle, soon enough that dream will come true,” He stepped forward and black rocks were no more, he now stood on the grass that was rich with green, the cliff overlooking the city. He sprung into the air with a spin, cutting two of the planks before he landed. He continued cutting his way through the many targets with his fancy and deadly dance, every once in a while he’d hit a nail and that sword would sing again.

 Ten of the planks stood with new cuts, there were twenty though. He smiled when his last swing found another nail, and then begun again, he spun and thrust his sword. He spun, dodged and leaped as if the planks were swinging back at him. He made his way to the last target, this one was the closet to the edge of the cliff, now that he was close to the edge he could see Fighters Cliff, he saw that dark cloud that hovered above its black barracks, he could even hear the grunts and clashing steel of the pending knights, “Uhf” he looked back at the plank, it stood with the most damage, two times more than the others. He stopped and begun to walk slowly towards it, dragging his sword behind him, cutting a line into the grass.  “Never will you be forgotten” he struck this one differently then the ones before it, this time there was a lot of power behind the blow. Half of it went flying through the air. “Finally!” he shouted and his voice cracked. He bowed down and propped his hands on his knees and to gather his breath, “I got you bastard,” he was breathing hard but not hard enough to keep him from laughing.