The Hunt is on

(A/N: Yay another upload, hope you like it <3)

Bella’s P.O.V

Slam!

My head whipped around at the noise and I saw Alice walk through the door. Something was wrong though, she looked sick, her hair dull and she was frightfully skinny.

“Alice!” I shouted, my voice echoing in my head. She looked at me and it was still for a moment. Then suddenly, her head went slack and she opened her mouth wide, wider than humanly possible. A shrill, piercing sound occurred; ricocheting around the room, making me put my hands over my ears. I realised the sound was coming from Alice. I sobbed loudly.

“Alice please! Stop!” I exclaimed. She stopped screaming abruptly and just stared at me. Her eyes were lifeless and cold. I approached her cautiously. Before I could touch her, her mouth opened again but instead of a scream, thousands of cockroaches, and bugs crawled out. I gasped and leapt back, hands over my mouth as I tried not to gag. The insects landed on the floor with loud thuds, and they crawled straight towards me. I stomped on the nearest ones but more replaced them. Soon they were crawling up my body and I was trying hard not to scream. I could feel their legs and feelers all over my body. I froze, still as a statue. They were smothering me, almost up to my face now. Before they could block my vision, I saw Alice smile at me. Not a nice smile. No.

An evil smile.

Alice’s P.O.V

I walked through the door and into the room that we locked Bella up in. It was for her own safety. She was becoming difficult to control. She was having bizarre hallucinations. Whenever I tried to see into the future, I couldn’t find Bella which scares me to no end. What if she dies? The thought leaves me heartbroken. I’m determined to find a cure to whatever is happening to my dear Bella. A shout brought me back to reality and I looked in alarm at Bella.

“Alice!” I looked at Bella hopefully. Did she finally recognise me? She stepped towards me cautiously but before she could touch me she leapt back with her hands over her mouth. I watched, worried. She froze in front of me, staring right into my eyes before she fell onto the floor, shivering and muttering things to herself. I sighed mentally and leant down beside her and touched her shaking back.

This was my first mistake.

She screamed loudly at my touch and leapt up, her eyes blazing a dark red. I was actually scared, knowing she was stronger than me as a newborn.

“Bella. Calm down.” I said quietly holding my hands up. She screamed again and ran towards me. I braced myself, thinking she was heading for me but I was wrong. She was heading towards the door I had left open.

My second mistake.

She ran through it still screaming loudly, acting as if the whole place was on fire. I heard scuffles, and then a yell come from downstairs. I ran down as fast as I could to find the whole landing ruined. All the furniture was overturned and the piano had been destroyed. Jasper, Edward and Rose were standing there like they had just seen a ghost. I didn’t waste any time and ran through the door Bella had headed through and raced outside.

“Alice! Leave her!” Carlisle yelled from inside the house but I ignored him.

And finally, this was my third mistake.

I had to find my Bella. I had to make sure she was okay! I flitted into the woods, following Bella’s scent. It abruptly stopped in a clearing I had never been in before. I stopped and looked around realising I had no idea where I was. I was filled with panic. Suddenly a God awful stench filled my nose. I crinkled my nose and cringed. It smelt like wet dog.

Wait.

Dog?

My eyes widened in fear and realisation. I heard a low, feral snarl coming from my right. I immediately took an offensive stance and faced my attacker. Just as I thought, a giant wolf strode out of the trees.

A werewolf.

The only thing that vampires should be afraid of. They are just as fast as us, just as skilled, just as dangerous. The dog came into vision and it had a light brown coat, with dark brown eyes. It was snarling, teeth bared, saliva dripping from its mouth. The first thing I realised was that it hadn’t attacked me yet which is unusual. We don’t usually wait to attack our mortal enemies. Then it clicked. The wolf was a distraction for Bella to get away. I made sure I didn’t block my thoughts so Edward would know what was happening. They will be here soon.

I hope.

“Where’s Bella mutt?” I said loudly. It snarled louder but didn’t make any move to attack me. “I said, where is Bella?!” My patience was running out and I was getting angry. Screw it, I thought and I raced head on towards the wolf, hoping to catch it by surprise. It grunted when I made contact with the hot fur. The force of my body sent us both flying into the nearest tree. The dog growled and snapped at my shoulder, leaving teeth marks. I grimaced. I quickly got off of it and raced off past where the wolf was guarding. Where is Bella? Behind me I heard the wolf howl loudly. Great, probably calling the pack. Stupid Quileute’s. Always getting involved where they are not needed. I raced ahead anyway but it was a losing battle. Bella’s scent was masked by the wolves. The smell of wet dog was overwhelming me and eventually I stopped, panting.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing blood sucker?!” A deep voice said behind me. I whipped around and saw Jacob Black, pack leader. He was shirtless as usual, showing off his abbs. The Quileute’s tattoo marking his shoulder. I snarled at him.

“Where’s Bella, dog?” He smiled at me, teasing me.

“You’re in the wrong territory.”

“You let Bella pass!” His expression softened at the thought of her.

“I’m pack leader. I decide things around here.”

“Don’t you realise you’ve put the whole of Forks in danger?!” I yelled at him desperately. His smirk dropped. Yeah that’s right. You let Bella pass just because of a stupid crush.

“What do you mean?” He asked uncertainly. I stared at him like he was stupid. Couldn’t he tell she was a newborn?

“Wow, you dogs are slacking. She’s a newborn!” I screamed at him. “She’s got something wrong with her! She keeps having hallucinations. She has no idea what she’s doing!”

“Bu-but when she ran into me, she was crying. She said she was being chased!” I shook my head in exasperation.

“Vampires. Can’t. Cry.” I hissed at him. His expression hardened.

“You turned her! You broke the treaty!” I rolled my eyes.

“We’ll deal with that later! First we have to find Bella.”

“You do realise I will have to kill her. Then you Cullen’s will be next.” He snarled. I growled back at him.

“You lay a single finger on Bella or my family and I swear to God, your death will be slow and painful.” He stared at me for a second before running off into the woods. Ten seconds later I heard a howl, followed by more howls in return.

The hunt was on.