The Volturi

(A/N: DUN DUN DUN!!! It gets pretty exciting from here! I hope you like it!!! <3)

Alice’s P.O.V

I couldn’t believe I’d done that. I’d actually made love to Bella! I didn’t lose control like I thought I would. She suddenly sighed beside me and snuggled more into me. I looked down at her peaceful face and I felt a pang of guilt. The Volturi were coming and I’d put her in danger. I don’t know what I would do if Bella came to any harm.

Edward knocked lightly on the door and he came in with raised eyebrows. He knew what Bella and I had done, heck, the whole house did. I didn’t really care that they knew, but I knew I was going to hear about it from everyone, especially Emmett. I shuddered, thinking of the teasing Bella and I are going to get from him. I sort of felt sorry for Jasper because he would have been able to feel everything that happened. I knew I’d have to apologise for my actions.

Edward sat beside me and it was silent for a moment.

“I’m not angry at you Alice,” He said after a while. “I love her just as much as you do,” We both looked down at her lovingly. “Although, you could have taken your,” He grimaced, “Activities elsewhere. The whole family heard though we did leave the house after a while to give you two privacy.” I laughed and he joined in. I became serious then.

“I am so sorry for hurting you Edward.” He shook his head.

“No, I’m sorry. I came in between you and Bella for my own selfish reasons.” He wrapped his arms around me and we stayed like that for a while.

“She would be so much better off with you.” I muttered into his ear. He pulled back with a shocked look on his face.

“Don’t say that! That day in the meadow, when I had taken her out, I almost lost control with her. I could have hurt her Alice, and not once have you lost control and put her in danger.”

“You’re kidding right? In case you haven’t forgotten, The Volturi is coming in a few hours! And it’s my entire fault! If anything happens to Bella I swear to God-”

“Nothing is going to happen. I know you will protect her with everything as will I. Hell, the whole family will.”

“Except Rose,” I said, venom creeping into my voice just at the thought of her.

“She’ll come around. You know she’s just jealous?” I frowned.

“Jealous? Of what?”

“Of Bella, but I’m not sure I should tell you anything else. It’s her problem and if she wants you to know she will tell you. I shouldn’t have been in her thoughts in the first place.” I nodded and Edward kissed my forehead.

“I’ll see you in a few hours.” He said and walked out of the room. I sighed and rested my head against Bella’s soft hair. Edward was right; I would protect Bella with every fibre in my body. My thoughts quickly turned to The Volturi. I let my thoughts linger over every member of the Volturi. There were five, very powerful vampires in the coven: Aro, Caius, Marcus and Aro’s and Caius’s wives. They had a very powerful guard consisting of the twins, Jane and Alec, Demetri, Renata, Chelsea, Eleazer, Didyme, Corin, Heidi, Afton, Felix and Santiago. They all had special powers but there was only one vampire that inflicted fear in me and that was Jane. Janes’ power is used to distract a vampire that the Volturi want to kill. She can make someone feel excruciating fiery pain with her mind. The thing is, at first sight she seems to be a young, but extremely beautiful, person that could do no harm to you but she’s everything but. She is extremely dangerous and she enjoys hurting other people. Fear was running through me just at the thought of her.

I lay there, still as a statue, when suddenly a vision racked my body hard. I saw the Volturi striding through the forest, Jane leading them. Her red eyes were flashing. They came to a stop just outside our house, waiting. I realised they were not going to come in; they were going to wait till we came out before making their move.  

“I can smell the human.” Jade hissed loudly.

“Now, now, Jane,” Aro said, he was usually the calm one. He could touch any part of a person’s body and see every thought a person has ever had in their lifetime. “Let’s not rush into this. Besides, when the time comes, you can kill the human.”

I came back to reality with a start, fear coursing through my body like never before. The sun was just coming up and Bella was coming to, muttering quietly in her sleep. She slowly stretched beside me and opened her beautiful eyes, looking at me. Seeing her calmed me down slightly, but I couldn’t ignore the fact that a very dangerous vampire wanted to kill Bella.

“What’s wrong?” She asked huskily, her voice rough from sleep. I shook my head.

“N-nothing. You need to be ready and downstairs in five minutes.” I kissed her forehead and left the room quickly. I raced downstairs and almost ran into Carlisle. He took one look at my frightened face and ushered me into the living room where the rest of my family were waiting.

“What happened?”

“Jane,” I gasped, “Wants to kill Bella. The whole guard was there! Even the wives.” I whispered. The wives rarely left Italy, so for them to be coming here must be huge.

“The wives?” Carlisle asked. He looked disturbed and Esme came up next to him, rubbing his arm soothingly.

“When will they be here?” Emmett asked.

“A few hours, tops.” He grinned.

“Good, we’ll be waiting for them.” I shook my head, typical cocky Emmett.

“This is The Volturi we’re talking about Emmett!” He shrugged and sat down on the couch, next to Rosalie who was staring off into the distance.

“We will just have to be firm but polite. Don’t give them any reason to think we’re a threat.” Carlisle said. Just then Bella cleared her throat and walked into the room.

“I want to know more about The Volturi.” She demanded standing beside me and lacing her warm fingers through my ice cold ones. It felt really good and I couldn’t help sighing at it. Emmett caught the sigh and grinned at me. I just rolled my eyes and looked at Carlisle.

“Of course Bella,” And Carlisle proceeded to tell the history of The Volturi, and who they were and their powers. Every now and then I would squeeze her hand for reassurance. After Carlisle was done, Bella was pale and she grimaced.

I suddenly had another vision and I knew The Volturi were on their way.

“They’re coming now.” I said. We all got up and went outside, waiting for them. I held Bella protectively against my side, refusing to let go of her at all times. She was breathing heavily and I was suddenly aware of how appealing she would be to the Volturi.

“Try to control your breathing Bella,” I muttered into her ear, kissing her softly. She relaxed slightly under my touch and took deep breaths. “That a girl.” I stood up high and looked intently into the forest before us for any sign of the Volturi. I heard the sound of footsteps, so faint that I almost missed it, but no, it was a footstep.

“They’re almost here.” I said gently. Then I saw her, Jane. She looked even more beautiful now that I could see her. Behind her was Aro, Marcus and Caius and then the rest of the guard plus the wives. I shuddered as they got closer. It was silent, everyone still with anticipation. Then they stepped gracefully out of the woods, to stand in front of us. Immediately we evaluated our situation, and we were outnumbered by a lot. I felt Bella stiffen against me and I squeezed her hand. I looked at the Volturi and to my discomfort; Jane was looking straight at me with those piercing red eyes. She cocked her head and smiled slightly. A gesture that sent chills down my spine. I refused to back down from her gaze and I returned her stare. She smirked and stepped closer to me.

“Alice.”