Ch 3. Longing for Love Lost

"Hurry! Call the head physician here!" The crowned prince carried the crown princess into his bed chamber and laid her down on the bed gently. He sat by her side, cupping her cold hand in his. 

"Please don't leave me...you promised to stay by my side forever." He felt grief and pain. As a prince, a future superior and Heaven's son; Under one and above all, having the most wanted power, how can he command millions of soldiers but be unable to protect the ones he loved most?

"Your highness, the physician is here." Minhai disturbed the heavy silence fogging the air, allowing the old doctor to come through. 

As the doctor examines the crowned princess, the crowned prince waited anxiously behind. A couple minutes passed and the physician stood up bowing to the prince,

"How's her injury?"

The doctor smoothes out his long white beard and frowned, " It seems as though the crowned princess is injured with a poisonous arrow, I need to take it out immediately." He states honestly, "During this operation, I need a maid to assist me." He demands, and the crown prince called in the palace maid who has assisted the crown princess many years.

Heading out the door, crown prince took one last glance at his princess before the door closed behind him. "Please don't worry too much your highness, your health comes first." Minhai noted.

Minhai was the crown prince's most trusted bodyguard. He has followed the prince to protect and serve since they were children so he understands the prince most. During times like this when stress and grief befalls the prince, he could do nothing but share the burden. 

Long hours passed, when the bright sun above their heads sets to the bottom of the hill and the chilly wind started blowing east. The magnolia flower petals slowly starts to fall off the tree and fly with the wind. Its as if the flowers are sharing his heartache, shedding each petal like it was crying for him. 

"Your high-" A maid came walking towards them with a plate of food. However, before she can finish her sentence, MinHai silenced her by putting his finger to his lips. He took the plate of food and placed it down on the round rock table.

The crowned prince stood up from the round rock chair and walks toward the branching magnolia tree.

'The moon is bright tonight, accompanied by the many stars. Shining brightly above our heads and looking down before us. Even your most favorite flower has the birds to accompany it tonight. When I am most lonely and distressed, you were always by my side, quietly tending to me. But when you are most vulnerable, where am I?' 

The crowned prince pulls out his sword and started practicing his martial arts skills. With each swift movement, he puts all his mind, thought and spirit into the thrusts, advancing forward and slicing the petals of magnolia in half and fourths as it fell from the tree.

The doctor finally came out after long hours of operation, he held the bloody arrow in his hand and presented it to the prince who tucked his sword in, "This is the arrow which poisoned the crowned princess."

"How is the crowned princess?"

"Reporting to your highness, the crowned princess is now in stable condition and will soon wake up. With this medicine to treat her every 4 hours, she will be well and healthy." The doctor handed the herbs to the maid, "I will teach her how to make the medicine, allow me to take my leave." He bowed

The crowned prince nodded, dismissing them and examined the arrow in his hand carefully.

Minhai noticed the arrow, "The design of this weapon seems like it was made in our province."