Chapter Five

'Give my love to John and Arthur

'Give my love to John and Arthur. And don't be doing anything I wouldn't do!' Olivia spoke to Tommy on the telephone. He was in Brighton with his brothers. They had made it last night and today was their first day out.

'I will Liv. Is everything okay at home?' Tommy asked. Olivia paused for a moment. What would Tommy say to her going out for dinner tonight with a stranger he didn't know? It was on a friendly basis, on Olivia's part anyway.

'Yes of course. Don't worry about what's going on here, just go and have a good time. I love you,' Olivia responded. She didn't like lying to Tommy, but she could tell him once he was back home.

'I love you too Liv.' Olivia put the phone down. It was only the second day and she was missing him. But he was having a good time with his brothers and that's what mattered.

Olivia sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror. She had found a black dress in the back of her wardrobe for tonight. Nothing too revealing, she didn't want to give Jonathon the wrong idea. Part of her felt guilt of going out to dinner with another man, but he only wanted to get to know people and about Small Heath, what could go wrong?

The blonde made her way towards the Garrison, wanting to get the night over with rather quickly her heels tapped quickly along the cobbles. She noticed a tall figure standing outside the pub, it was Jonathon.

Jonathon smiled as he watched the blonde beauty sway her hips in his direction. Unlike most woman, Olivia was one that many men would love to have on their arm. He smiled as she approached him.

'Jonathon.' She simply smiled. Jonathon held out his arm. Olivia raised an eyebrow at this, the only man's arms she would ever be seen in is Tommys.

'Come on, Olivia. I don't bite,' Jonathon smirked at her. Olivia apprehensivly wrapped her arm around his. She will be happy when the night is over with.

At dinner, the night was going a lot more smoothly then Olivia had planned. Jonathon was curious about Small Heath and what it had to offer. Olivia didn't yet mention her relationship with the Peaky Blinders and nor did she plan on doing so. Jonathon seemed like a normal man, Looking for business in a new town. He behaved like a gentleman, unlike many men in this world. Olivia noticed the stares he received from other woman, he was clearly a handsome man.

'Olivia, You have yet to tell me who the lucky man is?' Jonathon asked nodding towards her ring while pouring Olivia another large glass of whiskey. Olivia placed her hand out to stop him from pouring, she was beginning to feel the affects.

'Why did you invite me to dinner Jonathon? You barely know me?' Olivia asked trying to avoid the question of who her future husband to be is. Jonathon chuckled.

'I told you. It's nice to get to know people and lets face it, why not do it with the most beautiful girl in Birmingham?' Jonathon replied smoothly. Olivia shook her head, taking a sip of more liqour.

'Be careful Mr King, men like yourselves fall into the trap when it comes to women like myself,' Olivia stated. Jonathon leaned forward in his chair.

'Maybe I already have,' he smirked. Olivia placed down her glass, trying to ignore his comment.

'Mr King, You wanted to know about Small Heath. What do you want to know?' Olivia questioned, feeling agitated that Jonathon thought this night was a going to be more than he thought.

Jonathon took a swig of his drink. This girl wasn't letting up and good on her. Shelby would be proud, he thought.

'Well seeing as I'm going to be moving into town, I've heard some rumors. About a group, called the Peaky Blinders. Should I need to be worried?' Jonathon asked, raising an eyebrow to the blonde before him.

Olivia shuffled in her chair. She didn't want to be the woman who gave away the secrets of her fiance's gang. She felt unsure of the man in front of her, like he was more than what he was giving away.

'The peaky blinders? I don't know much, I just know you shouldn't get on the wrong side of them. Keep to yourself, that way, you won't get involved in anything you don't want too,' Olivia said flashing a smirk.

Jonathon nodded his head and watched Olivia take her glass of whiskey and down the entire contents of it. The wheels turned in his head.

'Come on, Mr King. You're going to walk me home.'

The walk to Olivia's was silent. Neither wanted to speak. Olivia was weary of this man and all she could think was how desperate she wanted Tommy home. If Tommy was here, this man wouldn't have spoke one word to her. Guess it was her doing, She let him speak to her and offer her dinner.

They arrived outside Olivia's home and she pulled her keys out of her small bag. She turned to Jonathon who was looking up and down the street.

'So Mr King, thanks for dinner. I wish you well in your new buisness,' Olivia spoke up, making him turn to face her. She held out her hand for him to shake. There was a small moment and then Jonathon took her hand and shook it.

'Your welcome Miss Rey. I look forward to meeting your future husband,' he said, leaning in close to her ear, not letting go of her hand. 'Like I said before, I'm jealous, he is a very lucky man.'

Olivia pulled her hand away from his and stared into his eyes and he looked into hers. He smirked and turned on his heel to walk away. Olivia stood outside her house, staring into the distance, the only sound was Jonathons shoes tapping along the cobble street.

Fuck.