Honesty Didn't Get Me Anywhere

Apologies for the lack of uploads xx I'll be focusing more on my writing now, that's a promise. Comments? Vote? :)

“Accel.”

“Yeah babe?”

“We should talk.”

I whispered the words so quietly, I was afraid he didn’t hear me. I hoped he didn’t hear me because then I could make the excuse in my mind that I had tried and it just hadn’t worked.

Pathetic. You act as if you can fool me. The truth will come through Andrew, it always does.

I heard a contented sigh as Ace wrapped his arms around me tighter, pulling me closer until he buried his head in my neck with a small smile lacing his soft lips. “I’m just going to lie here I think,” he whispered, playfully nipping my ear and proceeding to roll completely on top of me, my face muffled by pillows.

Lard ass! Get off! This isn’t allowed!

“Mmphh!” I groaned and spoke angrily into piles of cotton. Granted it felt nice, him being pressed against me like this. Evidently he felt the same as I felt precisely how awake he was against the back of my thigh. No dammit. I need to talk to you. I lay there instead of moving against him, waiting for him to realise. It didn’t take long, in fact I was being bundled up in his arms with fingers pushing hair out of my eyes within seconds, my forehead pressed to Ace’s as I drowned in worried pools of jade.

“Princess?” he murmured, grabbing my hand and interlacing our fingers, making sure our rings touched. The sheets seemed to stiffen around me, the air becoming thick and muggy and for once, I didn’t want to be close to him. I didn’t want to taint him with the name that was about to fall from my lips, with the heartbreaking truth that couldn’t be kept inside me. I wanted it to be. Oh God, my entire body ached with the weight of what I was about to unravel to the world. If there were any other way, if I knew that he wouldn’t find out…

Could I keep it a secret?

Fuck you Andrew. I warned you.

There seemed to be a shift within me suddenly, a piece of me that almost became detached. The room around me seemed to expand, my body feeling out of place. I was moving though, my slim frame slipping from the sheets and then I was walking, the world seeming to pulse in and out.

Stop! What the hell is going on?!

I fucking told you and you wouldn’t listen. You never listened to me Andrew, always trying to push me out with those stupid pills and then just blatantly ignoring me. How rude. Did you think you could get rid of me? Escape me? Bullshit. I AM YOU. This part of you that you talk to? Guess what? I’m here to stay. I make the decisions, I pull the strings and I’m going to tell the truth, even if it kills you.

No! No!

My body moved like a machine, some foreign and diseased part of me controlling it. I had no control, everything was just happening. First I was walking and suddenly I stopped, feet planted in the middle of my bedroom, words falling robotically from my lips, tears of horror pouring from my eyes, This wasn’t happening! This hadn’t happened since I was so little. The last time was when I was thirteen, but I had my pills then and stopped it before I merged. Oh God.

Stop please! Stop.

Shut up. Stop thinking. Let me take control for once. You wanted to talk to him right? This is happening.

The words were falling and I couldn’t catch them.

But…

My lips were parting, sound breaking the silence disjointedly and the truth seeping from my lungs like poisoned honey.