9

Lauren's POV

Dr. Wilson only gave me a bottle of 2 pills for the memory loss to see if they work before giving me a proper prescription. Therefore I must go see him (again) to get more, now that I know they really work.

I figure I don't need to call to make an appointment as I just need him to write me a prescription.

Before I can head out the door, my mom stops me.

"Hey, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever! How are you doing?" She says.

"I'm alright. Dr. Wilson gave me pills that are helping with the memory loss. I'm going there now to get more." I reply.

"Alright well I won't keep you, just be back for dinner, ok?"

"I will. Bye mom" I say as I kiss her cheek before I leave.

I get in my car and start driving towards the doctors office. I'm so busy humming along to the radio I almost miss the scene in front of the doctors office.

The building is surrounded by police tape and there are police cars and ambulances all around. I park and run in to find out what has happened.

I approach a police officer and tap him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me sir, what's going on?" I ask.

"I'm not allowed to share much information miss, but there has been an accident and Dr. Samuel Wilson is in critical condition." He says expressionlessly.

"Oh no! That's horrible!" I cry. "How did this happen?"

"Renovation accident. That's all I can say." The police officer says as he walks back over towards the scene.

This is horrible. Was it really an accident? Or did the killer strike again? Oh no.... what if the person who killed meg tried to kill Dr. Wilson because he was giving us the pills to get our memories back?!

Stop. I think to myself. Calm down. I'm sure it was just an accident like the police said.

Just then, something catches my eye in the bushes near the entrance of the building. I look around to make sure no one is looking and duck below the police tape. I make my way over and carefully pick up the reflective shard of glass in a ziplock bag. Then I almost drop it. The shard is covered in blood.

There's a typed note attached to it:

You didn't think it would be that easy, did you? Poor dr. Wilson, big mistake helping you. Stop looking. You won't find me.
Oh, and your fingerprints are now on a crime scene.
Ps. Tell anyone, and you're next.

----------------------------------------------
Authors note

Sorry the chapter was so short!!! I'll try to make the next one longer. Thanks for all the support!!!